Color and heat?

pinkchocolatedaisy

Is it a good idea or bad idea to have your hair flat ironed the same day its colored? I'm getting my hair colored this weekend and I need a trim too (only about quarter inch). But I don't know if I should let them cut it in its natural state or have it straight. Also wouldn't it be bad for my hair to have heat and color in the same day? Will it ruin my coils/curls? I haven't straightened since being natural.

Is it a good idea or bad idea to have your hair flat ironed the same day its colored? I'm getting my hair colored this weekend and I need a trim too (only about quarter inch). But I don't know if I should let them cut it in its natural state or have it straight. Also wouldn't it be bad for my hair to have heat and color in the same day? Will it ruin my coils/curls? I haven't straightened since being natural.

I'm transitioning. I have never heard of that. When I get my hair colored (permanent professional color at the salon), I always get my hair flat ironed afterwards. I haven't had any problems from getting this done.

Maybe some of the other members will chime in.

I'm transitioning. I have never heard of that. When I get my hair colored (permanent professional color at the salon), I always get my hair flat ironed afterwards. I haven't had any problems from getting this done.

Maybe some of the other members will chime in.

i've had this done and it was fine.

Back