Coconut Oil 1tbl per day for hair growth....

HKW53

Taken from www.tropicaltraditions.com

Each day I consume about one tablespoon of coconut oil because I've noticed it improves my energy levels. Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil is the only coconut oil I use and recommend because it's the freshest, best tasting coconut oil I've found. I've compared it to others and it won my vote. I recommend it for cooking because it is much more stable than other vegetable oils; when it's heated it won't create toxic trans fatty acids. This is the oil I use to cook everything from eggs to veggie stir fries. Bottom line--my food always tastes great. Just ask my husband. Best of all, I've been getting a great big bonus: my hair is growing faster and is stronger and thicker than it's been in years! Cherie Calbom, The Juice Lady, nutritionist and best-selling author of "Juicing for Life."

I ordered some coconut oil from www.rawfood.com I hear it is really good and natural. Anyone going to try this? I will try and get 1 tbl down per day.

Hmmmm, never heard of it assisting in hair growth when taken internally but who knows! I started taking it last week, 1 tbsp per protein shake (2-3 a day) to aid in not having to ingest so many carbo hydrates but having sustained energy levels and fat burning.

My BF puts coconut oil in his protein shake everyday, and I have been wanting to try it.

His hair grows superfast (he has long hair past his shoulders) like an inch a month. (I am so jealous)

I am not quick to think it is the coconut oil, though.

I may try this. I hear that it has health benefits anyway.

I take coconut oil off and on for health reasons...

I bought tropical traditions but I like the taste of coconut oil supreme better. You can get it here... http://www.coconutoil-online.com/PRODUCTS.html

I've also tried garden of life and spectrum. Garden of life was ok, spectrum had a burnt (roasted) taste to it. Tropical traditions tasted "Processed". I dont know how to describe it really... but coconut oil supreme is very good.

Hmmm I've never thought of taking it internally but I love the smell of virgin coconut oil and can only imagine how it makes the food taste! I may have to try this...

Enchantmt said:
I take coconut oil off and on for health reasons...

I bought tropical traditions but I like the taste of coconut oil supreme better. You can get it here... http://www.coconutoil-online.com/PRODUCTS.html

I've also tried garden of life and spectrum. Garden of life was ok, spectrum had a burnt (roasted) taste to it. Tropical traditions tasted "Processed". I dont know how to describe it really... but coconut oil supreme is very good.

How do you take it?

angellazette said:
How do you take it?

It varies, I somtimes mix it in my tea, use it on toast, cook my pancakes in it or just take a spoonful. I'm trying to replace all my oils with coconut and evoo. If you want to fry meats in it you will probably want to get a refined one, as it wont have the coconut oil flavor, but some companines use chemicals to refine it so you get better benefits with the evco. Do a search on coconut oil and you will find out how bad canola and all the other oils are for you . Those oils are rancid before they even hit the shelves but you dont know it because they are refined. Coconut oil is good almost indefinitely.

Enchantmt said:
It varies, I somtimes mix it in my tea, use it on toast, cook my pancakes in it or just take a spoonful. I'm trying to replace all my oils with coconut and evoo. If you want to fry meats in it you will probably want to get a refined one, as it wont have the coconut oil flavor, but some companines use chemicals to refine it so you get better benefits with the evco. Do a search on coconut oil and you will find out how bad canola and all the other oils are for you . Those oils are rancid before they even hit the shelves but you dont know it because they are refined. Coconut oil is good almost indefinitely.

Really? I have some organically grown virgin coconut cream oil that has a coconut flavor to it.

angellazette said:
Really? I have some organically grown virgin coconut cream oil that has a coconut flavor to it.

The virgin does have the coconut flavor, and I think its better for you. If you are trying to switch away from vegetable oils all together, for frying the coconut flavor can be overpowering with some foods/meats and the refined oil doesnt have a taste to it.

ETA: This is supposed to be a decent refined coconut oil...

http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals...creen=PROD&Store_Code=WFN&Product_Code=EP1128

Last edited:
Back