Votes: 17 11.7%
  • I don't co wash

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nisha2004

How often are you ladies co washing? What difference has it made in your hair? How do you style your hair afterwards. Any favorite conditioners. Just being nosey. Thanx

For the last month.. I only co wash about 1x a week and dc 2x's a week. My hair is not feeling as soft as I think it should. So maybe I should step up my co washes and see what happens.

It feels much better than it did prior to co washing though.

I co-wash once a week. I'll shampoo if I think I have too much buildup. I do the co-washing primarily to prevent tangles. I'll use any conditioner I have available, except for V05, which my hair does NOT like :nono:

I co-wash 5x a week. Since I have been doing the oil rinse, my hair seems thicker. My hair seems dry like you wouldn'r believe if I don't co-wash. I style my hair in a wash n go. When it get longer, I want to bun it or something. Favorite conditioner: Curls Coconut Conditioner (all-time fav) and my new favorite Avocado and Honey conditioner a Guatamalan hair product I picked up at the grocery store for $1.30. You have to be careful about what conditioner you use because if you use the wrong conditioner your hair will feel icky. Well at least that has been my experience.

I use co washing to help stretch my relaxer and keep my hair moisturized.
I use Daily Defense Tender Apple,White Rain Tropical Coconut and Vo5 Nourish Spa for co washes.

Im 8 months post relaxer so i really only like to comb my hair when its wet now. I co wash every single day (unless im not goin anywhere..) and then i put it up..brushed back and then put my curly phony pony on. been doing this for a couple of months and its getting a little boring but ive had hardly any breakage and my hair is soooooooft!!!! I flat ironed recently for the 1st time in a few months and my hair was like silk.

I alternate between suave humectant, and tresemme...um..something or other lol. i know its in white bottle & has blue lettering on it and gives good slip.

I co-wash once a week especially when I'm stretching for 3+ months. That really helps with the detangling and managing my ng.

I normally cowash 2x a week. I started this when I first found the Board and it immediately helped end my severe dryness and my dry scalp problems. It helps keep my scalp in great condition and keeps my hair mositurized. I use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, WRTC, Garnier Length & Strength, Garnier Moisture Boost, ORS Replenishing, and Silicon Mix (when ng is getting crazy). I have also been known to use Humecto and Elucence MB.

I co wash 4 -7 days a week when i am not wearing my hair straightened ( i alternate).

Most days I will do a wash and go (see sig) or if i don't feel like being bothered i will slick back into a ponytail with my beloved hair gel :grin:

I co-wash about once a week. I use Elasta Intense conditioner..I then style as usual with a blow out and then my silver-ceramic curling iron...

I cowash about 3-4x a week. I usually do it just add moisture, and it really helps during the last month or so of a 3 month stretch. My favorite conditioner to use is Nexxus Humectress. It really leaves my hair moisturized and gives me enough slip to comb through it in the shower. Usually after a cowash I let it airdry and either do bantu knots, braid-outs, or (new fav) pincurls. If I don't want to be bothered I will just let it airdry straight and do a bun the next day.

I co-wash once inbetween by shampoo days.

I have realised co-washing all the time is weakening my hair - especially when i leave it to drip dry :nono::nono::nono:=breakage as it dries crispy.

Now i wrap in a towel for few minutes then add my leave-ins. My hair needs to be in at least a semi-stretched state to avoid breakage.

If i'm not co-washing i put into large twists every night and undo in the morning.

I've cut my CWs down to 2x a week. I still rinse every day since I workout and sweat a lot (don't want sweat sitting in my hair :nono:). I alternate between GF Curl & Shine and HE hello hydration for CWs. I just picked up the LeKair liquid cholesterol, so I'll see how this works for CWs (I've been doing DCs with the one in the jar).

I wash w/ shampoo and DC on the weekends.

I co-wash at least 3 times a week, apply my leave-ins, and pull it into one braid in the back, to dry. It's easy (and unattractive, but I work from home....LOL), and I don't use any heat. Since I increased to 3 times per week, my hair grows a little more than 1/2 inch per month. I love it.

i live by co-washing... almost every day until wash day! :grin:

i've learned if you take half a bottle of conditioner and fill the rest of the bottle with water, it works just as well as an undiluted bottle. and for someone who co-washes as often as me, it's a real $$$ saver! :grin:

i love V05 because it has great slip and sells for $1 a bottle at CVS (right by my house... LOL). i use half of a 15 oz. bottle a week. then i use Trader Joe's Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner on wash day. my hair loves the moisture co-washing provides, and my scalp loves being rinsed often of excess oils. heaven for LadyLibra! :grin:

I CW 3-4 times a week but, when it gets cool out, I pull my wigs out. I"ll probably be back at CW daily, leave ins, sealing with oil, wig cap, wig...

Otherwise, my usual style is a wet bun...airdried, tied down, waiting until the next CW.

I co-wash once a week...I prefer to use HairOne but currently I'm using any conditioner in my room since I'm trying to get rid of them. After co-washing i air dry then bun or braidout. co-washing made my hair more moisturized, softer etc;

After being inspired by a member with insane growth *cough*NJoy*cough* I started trying to cowash daily.

Sometimes I get lazy and skip though, but most weeks I do it 4 to 5 times. And my hair is thriving! It's never dry anymore, its more manageable, and its growing faster.

I currently use HE HH. Love it. And it smells yummy. But Suave Natural Coconut is my all time fave. Been with me since I first went natural and accidents discovered it on a hurricane evacuation trip, lol.

ETA: I cowash my twists, which I wear for a week or two at a time. I then moisturize and seal, usually to bun or pin them up to help with retention, which a big focus of mine.

Because i've been so lazy this winter Icut my co washes to rather well none.. just wash my hair once a week poo and all...... spring/ summer times is usually when I kick up the co washes.... So I will be co washing either 2xs a week or at least 4-7 days. My hair thrives with it...I don't know why i've been depriving myself of it this winter... smh pure lazieness..

I've cut back my cowashing to 2x a week. It gives my dry hair a much needed moisture boost.

I use mostly herbal essences (touchably smooth is my current favorite), but I use garnier triple moisture and length and strength as well.

I mostly wear buns.

Sent from my Comet using Long Hair Care Forum App

i dont co wash as often as i used to. Now i co wash about once or twice a week. I shampoo once a week too. Maybe when it gets really hot out and i amp my workouts up i'll co wash more frequently.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cowash. my hair thrives on it. I use natures gate biotin mixed with african pride olive miracle oil. My hair is never dry. THANK GOD!!!! :yep:

CW is my staple I CW 1-2x/week when it's cold out cause my hair takes a couple hours to dry with turbie twist.
CW more in summer going to try and keep up w daily CW this summer I cw every hoer day last summer worked great. My Fav con is STCC Suave tropical coconut con don't sleep on suave he ingredients work just as well as the more expensive conditioners

Back