Clean Hair Issues

Falon

Since I started my 365 day challenge I have been washing every 3 days. That was in March for the last week and a half I I've noticed that by the 2nd day my scalp starts to get itchy! I washed my hair on Thursday and the only thing I put on my hair after I deep condition is a cream mosturizer. That's all no serums or leave in conditioners.

WTF! Am I mental...I use to wash once a week if that....and I would get itchy by the end of the week or after that. Am I just too focused on my hair? Also when I rub my fingertips on my scalp and sniff it smells a little oily? You know that not clean hair smell from the oils on your scalp. It's kind of grossing me out.

I edited my post cuz I forgot to ask the question.

Why is this happening and what can I do about it? I don't want to wash more than every 3 days...too time consuming.

I wash every 3 days also when I used to do it every 7 days. It gets itchy on the third day for me and I wonder how that is when it used to get itchy on the 7th day, and not before! Maybe we're training our bodies to react differently because we changed our regimens.

Do you grease your scalp? Whenever I washed my hair without greasing the scalp it would itch and be uncomfortable, just a theory...

[ QUOTE ]
lonei said:
Do you grease your scalp? Whenever I washed my hair without greasing the scalp it would itch and be uncomfortable, just a theory...

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't the dry tight scalp kind of itching. It was the itching you get when it is time for a wash. Also, my scalp had the oily smell of dirty hair
confused.gif
and my fingertips had a little "oil" on them too
confused.gif
But most confusing to me is that It use to happen after about a week of not washing. Today is day 2 I washed on Thursday... I went ahead and washed cuz I see more breakage when my hair isn't clean. I was wondering if this is a sign of things to come? I don't want to wash every 2 days I think that is too much.

also u can rinse your hair and scalp daily in the shower, try rubbing shea butter on your scalp or a little essential oil such as wild growth hair oil, tea tree oil, sweet almond oil, carrot oil, olive oil or jojoba oil.

that used to happen to me when i used a store bought shampoo with the chemicals in it. those chemicals irritate some people. sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, and ammonium laurel sulfate or most common but there are other sulfates like sodium coco sulfate (from coconuts). sulfates can cause irritation. maybe you need to try baking soda and water (like a few teaspoons in 1 cup of water or as needed).

Back