Clarifying conditioners

VirtuousGal

Do any of you solely use these type of conditioners for co-washing? I'm considering ditching shampoo for a few months and going with this if it doesn't make my hair feel horribly dry or waxy.

I'm waiting for a response too, I bought VO5's clarifying conditioner, but I havent used it, and I was wondering if it works for others

I use the V05 Clarifying Conditioner and am also going to try the Suave Clarifying conditioner as well...The V05 one is very light...smells interesting :grin:

I LOVE the vo5 clarifying conditioner!!! It melts my hair into strands of woven silk :yep:

I only use once a week or if I have bad build up and it's amazing! Best dollar I ever spent on my hair! and the smell is beyond yummy :lick:

what other one is there? Ive only seen the kiwi one...:sad:

But I think you should try both suave and v05...cause that suave coconut conditioner melted my hair strands apart after that coconut milk deep condition!! lol:lick:

Oh I'm really not sure if there is or isn't, I'll look into that, but you make the coconut sound rather sexy lol

I use the Suave Damage Remedy conditioner for co-washing and it gets my hair squeaky clean. I love it!!

I got the idea that the VO5 clarifying conditioner is called that because

1. It is a match for the shampoo with the same name.
2. Is light and doesn't leave a lot of stuff behind... like a conditioner for volume would do.

I don't think it actually clarifies or "cleans."

That's the idea I got. I have the VO5 products.

hmm that's a thought, although it seems as though people sincerely believe it cleanses the hair and scalp, I don't know though, yea you could have a point.

I got the idea that the VO5 clarifying conditioner is called that because

1. It is a match for the shampoo with the same name.
2. Is light and doesn't leave a lot of stuff behind... like a conditioner for volume would do.

I don't think it actually clarifies or "cleans."

That's the idea I got. I have the VO5 products.

:yep::yep::yep: I agree with the bolded, but I think that it cleanses the hair pretty well as long as you rinse it out well :look:

Ok, apparently there is a Vanilla Mint Tea clarifying conditioner http://www.amazon.com/Alberto-VO5-Therapy-Clarifying-Conditioner/dp/B000VVEOA0
That sounds pretty awesome!

This is the one I have and it's great. It leaves my hair feeling clean without feeling stripped. Hair is soft afterwards for days almost to the point of not needing any daily moisturizing. I usually use clarifying conditioner after a condition on dry hair with AO HSR. This combo works great for me as the clarifying conditioner calms down some of the heavy residue from the moisturizing conditioner.

A Really, Really Good One is: Avalon Organics Lemon, Babbasu Oil & Shea.:lick:

It makes a GREAT Clarifying Conditioner. Cleans really well. And keeps a degree of moisture.

It's Reasonably Priced too. About $8.00.:yep:

A Really, Really Good One is: Avalon Organics Lemon, Babbasu Oil & Shea.:lick:

It makes a GREAT Clarifying Conditioner. Cleans really well. And keeps a degree of moisture.

It's Reasonably Priced too. About $8.00.:yep:

Thanks! Sounds like something to work up to! I did go out like a fiend and get the VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea clarifying conditioner though lol That Avalon sounds like something to look forward to!

Yes I have to second IDareT'sHair on the Avalon Organics. Its a good one. Their Lavendar and Peppermint/Babbasu conditioners are light enough/cleanse well enough to use for CW, but I wouldn't say the last two I mentioned are clarifiers.

For the last 6 or 7 weeks I've cowashed weekly with Daily Clarifying Condish from Suave while my hair was in mini braids. I took them out today and I have minimal buildup, even with twice daily moisturizing/sealing. A cheap investment I'll keep in my arsenol of products...:yep:

Last edited:
Back