Child Support Drama Rant o_O. Ugh

LoveBeautyKisses

So I recently fell into a financial loop. After I was layer off from my job I had my son a year ago I ran into a little problem with money and I was living off of a little. I had to get back on my feet and quick. Around the time my son turned about 8 months I began to take classes at a local community college. I was unable to pay for daycare for my son so my child's father helped pay about 50 a week to my grandparents who both agreed to watch my son. Unfortunately by the end of my class my child's father stopped paying thus, leaving my grandparents to look to me for his reason on non payment.

I eventually had to get government assistance at the time. I didn't want but I had to in order to support my son because the little income I had from my savings running out. The state filed for Child support for me.

Me and him argued that it wasn't right. He eventually got his mother (who works for a local ****ty daycare chain) to try to get my son into a daycare that I wasn't comfortable with due to bad ratings and young girls baby sitting poorly. I didn't want my son to go there. She was basically trying to making me feel bad about asking him for money. But come to find out he was paying off a debt that she put in his name when he was a child.

Me and him made up and then things were going well.he got the letter of the court date and everything. He wasn't mad then.

We ended up going to court then he really began acting mean towards me ever since. He broke up with me because of it. I am hurt by that. The judge ordered him to pay 230 a month and I asked could I lower it because I just need enough for my sons essentials and plus I was about to begin working since I have 2 amazing job offers. She said I would have to wait within 21 days to appeal.

Things were beginning to become better between us. He's a great father I just feel like he could give more since I have my son 24/7

I'm going to start school in January
Should I take him off?
Am I being selfish?

It's not about you OP, it's about your child...you may still love him BUT you have to put your child FIRST, what benefits your child is what matters.

Don't take him off child support you may end up regretting it in the long run.

Last edited:
It's not about you OP, it's about your child...you may still love him BUT you have to put your child FIRST, what benefits your child is what matters.

Don't take him off child support you may end up regretting it in the long run.

Thank u I feel the same way. I don't feel bad for fighting for what's right for him

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Get your child support and don't lower it. You need more than just enough to cover his essentials. You need to cover his essentials and start saving for his future. $230 is very little

And don't allow yourself to be manipulated by other peoples anger. Let them be angry and you still do the right thing by your son.

Make him pay the $230, please do not lower it. A great father would not be doing all this crying over child support. Sorry you are going through this. (((hugs))) to you and your son.

Get your child support and don't lower it. You need more than just enough to cover his essentials. You need to cover his essentials and start saving for his future. $230 is very little

And don't allow yourself to be manipulated by other peoples anger. Let them be angry and you still do the right thing by your son.

Thank u. I thought I was doing the right thing and I was letting them influence me. You hit it right on the head.

Make him pay the $230, please do not lower it. A great father would not be doing all this crying over child support. Sorry you are going through this. (((hugs))) to you and your son.

Thank you. All of this is happening now my sons 1st birthday is tomorrow. Ugh

Why is he angry? $230 is not a lot and you seem to be struggling why would you ask for it to be lowered? Is it to appease him so he won't dump you? I'm all confused.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Why is he angry? $230 is not a lot and you seem to be struggling why would you ask for it to be lowered? Is it to appease him so he won't dump you? I'm all confused.

Well he has another son so I didn't want to sound greedy but I also didn't want to walk away with just nothing. And he was making it seem like I was being bitter. Sorry for the confusion

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I didn't want to sound stupid but I had to ask you ladies due to the fact that maybe some of yall have been there done that.

Oh its ok

Ok, my opinion, as I've stated on this board before is that all unmarried people with children should have some sort of child support arrangement, either through the courts or through private lawyers. It is in everyone's best interest.

If it bothers you that much, when you get the money every 2 weeks or whatever the schedule will be, take what you need and give him the rest after your son is taken care of. :look:

Ok, my opinion, as I've stated on this board before is that all unmarried people with children should have some sort of child support arrangement, either through the courts or through private lawyers. It is in everyone's best interest.

If it bothers you that much, when you get the money every 2 weeks or whatever the schedule will be, take what you need and give him the rest after your son is taken care of. :look:

I agree because its only fair especially if my son stays with me.

Thank u. I thought I was doing the right thing and I was letting them influence me. You hit it right on the head.

LoveBeautyKisses
You are doing the right thing. 230.00 is just about the MINIMUM. Why is he tripping about supporting his child? And breaking up with u, when u initially didn't file is senseless. I had a similar situation and almost removed the child support order. Please believe I would be SICK right now If I listened to him ad his family. They think it's ok for me to struggle but it's a problem that he has to "struggle" to pay child support. Child.boo.bye

growinghealthyhair

Lol I'm over here dying @ child boo bye . But yes I guess I was letting them manipulate my decision. Yes there are guys in there who pay 800 a month. I was like he should be happy

He should be supporting his child. 230, please. Take every cent of it and use it for your kid. And if his situation improves, so should the support. And if he whines about paying it, tell him he is more than welcome to raise him full time.

His momma sounds trifling too

He should be supporting his child. 230, please. Take every cent of it and use it for your kid. And if his situation improves, so should the support. And if he whines about paying it, tell him he is more than welcome to raise him full time.

This is why I don't think OP should ask for an appeal.

And he should take his trifling momma to court.

She is very greedy. She take he money he gets even month for his son and lies about it. That's not my business but I hear about it from him

We ended up going to court then he really began acting mean towards me ever since. He broke up with me because of it. I am hurt by that. The judge ordered him to pay 230 a month and I asked could I lower it because I just need enough for my sons essentials and plus I was about to begin working since I have 2 amazing job offers. She said I would have to wait within 21 days to appeal.

Are you serious?!? :nono:

Back