Check Out my Texturizer Results!!!!

healthyhair2

So, I'm going to have to do a hair journal or new Fotki --something... After some thought I decided to texturize my natural hair with Design Essentials Lo Lye Relaxer. I am thrilled with the results that I got. I got it done in a salon in Manhattan by a stylist that I've known for quite a while. I have two people that do my hair , one for braids and weaves the other that does the texturizers. Before going natural I relaxed pretty straight. I love to have change with my hair and I'm anxious to see the growth.
The relaxer was applied then rinsed well, next came Vitale foaming Protein for 5 mins. Relaxer was neutralized with Elucence Moisture Acidifying Shampoo. Deep conditioned with Joico Moisturizer for 30 mins. under hooded dryer. My ends were trimmed about 1/2 an inch after my blowout. Motions CPR lotion was used to protect my hair from heat of blowdryer and flatiron. My hair looks straight, but it has lots of body. You can even tell that it got slightly frizzy from the humidity today . When it is wet the waves are beautiful! Those pics will come soon. The pictures here are taken about 5 months apart.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 171
  • r6.jpg
    r6.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 166
  • rhea2.jpg
    rhea2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 210
Thank you :) I am soooo excited about how it came out. I don't have any breakage and my scalp didn't tingle at all. This was one reason I stopped using chemicals before. I especially love the way my hair looks when it is wet. It's wavy from the roots to the ends. I'm going to stay on top of it with my conditioning treatments and moisturizing. I want to get to brastrap before June 2008 :)

Your hair looks nice and healthy! Way to go! I'm happy you had good results with the DE Texturizing relaxer, I used it 2 weeks ago but I did not have such luck. I'm going to give it another chance and use it for my corrective, maybe I'll be lucky the second time around.

Your hair looks nice and healthy! Way to go! I'm happy you had good results with the DE Texturizing relaxer, I used it 2 weeks ago but I did not have such luck. I'm going to give it another chance and use it for my corrective, maybe I'll be lucky the second time around.

Sorry to hear your experience was not as good. If you don't mind me asking ,what kind of results did you want? What result did you end up with? Also,what is your hair type?

Sorry to hear your experience was not as good. If you don't mind me asking ,what kind of results did you want? What result did you end up with? Also,what is your hair type?

Thanks for understanding. I think it's my fault though, I added some oils/proteins to the relaxer and I think that affected my results. I did that with another texturizing relaxer (arosci) and I ended up underprocessing too. I'm beginning to think that I should not add any extras in texturizing relaxers. I wanted Texlaxed hair so that I could do wash and gos if necessary. My hair type is thick type 4a/b, I'm going to do a corrective in a few weeks and I won't add any products and maybe it will work out for me.

Why did I click this thread? Your hair looks nice and healthy. I am glad you are happy with the results. Not let me leave before I slap some relaxer on my head :lol: Q

Thanks for understanding. I think it's my fault though, I added some oils/proteins to the relaxer and I think that affected my results. I did that with another texturizing relaxer (arosci) and I ended up underprocessing too. I'm beginning to think that I should not add any extras in texturizing relaxers. I wanted Texlaxed hair so that I could do wash and gos if necessary. My hair type is thick type 4a/b, I'm going to do a corrective in a few weeks and I won't add any products and maybe it will work out for me.

I see. I think that with the Design Essentials Lo Lye you do NOT need to add oil or protein to it. You can however use a lotion to protect your hair from chemical damage. Vitale, Affirm and Design Essentials make a product that does this. I have the same hair type that you do. You will get to see my curly pic next week.

Back