CG friendly gel for bunning

g.lo

Hi Girls,

can someone recommend a CG gel friendly gel. I will mainly be using it for wet bunning.

thanks ladies

I love Xtreme Gel! It smells so good...not 100% sure if it's CG friendly but it has no alcohol or protein which is what I need.

Kinky-Curly Custard. I don't use this anymore to define my curls because plain ole conditioner works fine on my 4a hair but I do use this gel when I want to slick my hair back for a puff/pony/bun and lay my edges down.

Hmmm...anyone know of a cone-free gel? I'm thinking of trying Proclaim's curl activator gel.

Garnier Fructis has a gel in its Pure & Free line or something like that. It has nice hold and no cones. I don't do curly girl though but I use it on my twists.

Garnier Fructis has a gel in its Pure & Free line or something like that. It has nice hold and no cones. I don't do curly girl though but I use it on my twists.

Hmmm...anyone know of a cone-free gel? I'm thinking of trying Proclaim's curl activator gel.

I think this product has a water soluble cone in it

Doesn't that gel have cones in it?

Kinky-Curly Custard. I don't use this anymore to define my curls because plain ole conditioner works fine on my 4a hair but I do use this gel when I want to slick my hair back for a puff/pony/bun and lay my edges down.

I love Xtreme Gel! It smells so good...not 100% sure if it's CG friendly but it has no alcohol or protein which is what I need.

Thanks girls, is flaxseed gel effective as well for a sleek bun? i hate the consistency of it! yuk

You know what else is good for holding edges down is that Curls Passion Fruit Paste. It is all natural, def CG friendly and is the bomb.

i really like isoplus, its nice and light and not drying... but I don't know what CG is... im bout sick of all these "methods" like they're doing something new :lol:

Kinky-Curly custard does not have cones, proteins, parabens or polymers. It is pricey but you can find it at Whole Foods and a little goes a LONGGGG way! It co-washes out easily and it's the only gel I use for bunning since it's all natural, moisturizing and pretty easy on the hair. Eco Gel works, too, and doesn't have cones but it has some hard core holding power that I cut with grease and has protein. But I pretty much stick to KCC for all my slicking/bunning needs!

Kinky-Curly custard does not have cones, proteins, parabens or polymers. It is pricey but you can find it at Whole Foods and a little goes a LONGGGG way! It co-washes out easily and it's the only gel I use for bunning since it's all natural, moisturizing and pretty easy on the hair. Eco Gel works, too, and doesn't have cones but it has some hard core holding power that I cut with grease and has protein. But I pretty much stick to KCC for all my slicking/bunning needs!

yes the ingredients of Kccc are awesome, but so pricey!!! if i can find something similar but cheaper that will be great. i am in Uk and Kccc is about 48usd for 16oz!

yes the ingredients of Kccc are awesome, but so pricey!!! if i can find something similar but cheaper that will be great. i am in Uk and Kccc is about 48usd for 16oz!

I had better results with flaxseed gel than kccc......just saying:look:

But jokes aside ecostyler has never done me wrong the blue is nice and gives a softer hold than the green

Aloe vera gel if you looking for something naaturaaaalll

:nono:

That is CRAY!!!

Yeah...

Girl, go on and make some flaxseed gel or get that Eco styler or SOMETHING that is no where near no $50 dang dollars!

Back