Ceramic Irons

queenofmean68

I was in Sally's today and I saw an Cermaic Flat Iron by "ion" that cost $99!
shocked.gif
I browsed a few more minutes and found other brand names that were not as expensive. I keep hearing that these irons are better for the hair, due to the way they transfer heat.
Does anyone own one of these irons? Flat or barrel? What did you think? How did it leave your hair? Straight? Frizzy? About the same as a regular thermal appliance?

Many of us own Jilbere Ceramic flat irons and have had great success. I purchased my own in january after hearing all the raves on this board and I've only used it twice. It worked great and leaves my hair feeling like silk. No hair burning smell. It's great for when i want to straighten my own hair. This is the only protective of which I can testify.

[ QUOTE ]
okay...sounds great, but where can you purchase them?

[/ QUOTE ]
I purchased mine from Sally Beauty Supply.

I brought a Hot Tools Brand, for about $35.00 from my local beauty suppy. I wanted the Wigo but could not spend the $50.00! And the Hot Tool brand had all the same features - including the dial for heat settings. I have used it yet though.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I purchased mine (3/4 inch size) from Sally's.

[/ QUOTE ]

3/4 jilbere flat iron? the only 2 i saw on the sally's website were these:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=345289&dept%5Fid=1650

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?pf%5Fid=345840&dept%5Fid=1650

Is the one you hav enot on the website, and if not, could you post a pic or a complete name? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither of those two.....Oops! The 3/4 inch must be the one I returned to Walmart. The one I have the site say is 1 inch. The one I have

shocked.gif
All the professional flat iron(ers) on this board could probably get good use out of that. But for a beginner like me...
drowning.gif
rofl.gif

I know. I like everything about this iron except for the double plates. The only problem I have with my Jilbere iron is that it doesn't bevel the ends of my hair very well because it is so slim. If I could get one with wider plates and more rounded edges but still maintained the slim design that would be great. I've seen one, but they want $300.00 dollars for it. Wigo makes one that comes close.

Today I bought a Jilbere Ceramic Curling iron that has a bareel of 1 1/4 inches. I used it when I went home before I went to work and my hair is bouncing and swinging and like someone said no burnt hair smell!
smile.gif

Hi,
wave.gif
I'm new to this board and I love it! Okay, can soneone explain if ceramic iron are better than regular and if so, why??? I see Sally's giving them a buch of hype so someone who has used them, testify please!
cool.gif

Is it shaped like a brush (rectangular head, narrow handle) or more like a ruler (same width all the way down)? I think the one shaped like a ruler is called "European style".

Really? So do you think they REALLY help keep moisture in your hair instead of "frying" it like the thermal irons? If that is the case, I'm on my way to the store right now to get one!
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
wave.gif
I'm new to this board and I love it! Okay, can soneone explain if ceramic iron are better than regular and if so, why??? I see Sally's giving them a buch of hype so someone who has used them, testify please!
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The heat in ceramic irons are distributed evenly so their are no "hot spots", the ceramic eliminates bacteria that could be in the hair, they leave the hair shiny and moisturized. Go on go ahead and get one
poke.gif

Back