Cathy Howse UBH Seminar 1/27/08

septemberbaby

Wanted to share for those interested in attending. WBLS will be there too!:grin:

Body & Soul Essentials
20 N. Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701
914-375-7133

12p-2p & 4p-6p

I went to Cathy's seminar here for the first time last year. And that's when my hair care journey began and then I found LHCF shortly after. :grin:

My godsister and I went in 2004 when I was getting started. It was an interesting experience at the Hueman bookstore.

Never got over this woman who shaved off her edges...so she could re-grow them:perplexed

At that time...women were telling me my hair was long. I thought it was cute to...at ..that...time.... In reality...it was...:nono:

I like Ms. Howse, just for the fact anytime I ever emailed her with a question back in the day, she always emailed me back or would put a note in my package when I put in an order if I had a question. :)

If I wasn't busy Saturday, I would've headed up with some folks just to listen in and pick up some conditioner..:look:

I would like to go, but I wonder if the ladies there will be looking at my hair laughing on the inside ... :ohwell: I imagine everyone attending having this beautiful long waist length or beyond hair. :grin:

I would like to go, but I wonder if the ladies there will be looking at my hair laughing on the inside ... :ohwell: I imagine everyone attending having this beautiful long waist length or beyond hair. :grin:

Ummm...that wasn't the case when I went...:ohwell:

I think I saw one chick there that had really nice hair and I was wondering why she was there...everyone else, including myself....I understood why we were there...though my case wasn't as bad as others...

Wish I could go...Cathy's book helped me to start taking better care of my hair, and I really like her products.

I received the invite in the mail and I think it's the 26th and not the 27th. I'm going to try to attend. Thanks!

Originally postd by Shakira74
Wanted to share for those interested in attending. WBLS will be there too!:grin:
Body & Soul Essentials
20 N. Broadway
Yonkers, NY 10701
914-375-7133
12p-2p & 4p-6p
I went to Cathy's seminar here for the first time last year. And that's when my hair care journey began and then I found LHCF shortly after. :grin:

If you go, please report back the 411 on her natural hair. She should be completely natural and MBL by now.

I want to go I would like to pick up some dew but I know I can make my own. I am not breaking my neck to go becuase I feel like we have far surpassed her but she might be logged on here anyway. you never ever know who is who on here anyway.

Ummm...that wasn't the case when I went...:ohwell:

I think I saw one chick there that had really nice hair and I was wondering why she was there...everyone else, including myself....I understood why we were there...though my case wasn't as bad as others...

That's exactly how it was when I went. I saw tons of heads covered in hats and weaves/braids/phony ponies, etc. There was ONE girl with thick, shoulder length hair. She was there to listen in and to pick up more products. At the end everyone was going up to her asking her if Cathy's book & products were a hoax. I know I did because I went there thinking it was some sort of scam! I walked out a believer and logged on to Cathy's website & LHCF when I got home. :yep:

I may try n go. Her book got me on the right track to taking good care of my hair back in 2006 before I found this site.

Yes, do tell...Cathy's was the first book I ever purchased regarding haircare. I bought it back in 2001 when she and I were still relaxed. She had great tips and I still have the book around here somewhere. She held a seminar sometime in 2003? that I attended here in Tennessee. She's a very knowledgeable and educated lady, but she wasn't very open to my comments and ideas on hair, relaxed or natural, even though I was no longer relaxed by that time. I don't remember all the ?'s I asked her back then, but I do remember her just seemingly uninterested in what I had to say. My hair was healthy and thick while all the other women there had broken off, eaten up, damaged, scraggly hair. I am sure her regime has changed now that she is natural. I haven't been to her site in years but hopefully she has a more open mind to what I was trying to convey at the seminar years ago. I wasn't trying to steal her shine, I just wished she had've been more open to what I had to say. :)

Back