can't take it anymore

lsylvester3

After been diagnosed with scarring alopecia over 7 years ago I have tried just about everything to no avail. I come from a family with some bad genes and as you can see. Do anyone have any treatment that worked for them? The derm. told me it will never grow back but I refuse to accept that. Please HELP!!!!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

http://public.fotki.com/lsylvester3/

I'm sorry that you are going through this :bighug:.
Please don't feel that your family has bad genes. There are a few ladies on here that have recovered from alopecia and have grown their hair wonderfully. I hope they will come in and offer you some encouragement.

Your fotki is locked so I am unable to view the pictures.

lsylvester3- I'm very sorry to hear. Seek a second opinion. I'm not sure if you've had the same derm for the past 7 years and the hair loss continued to spread. However, treatment of scarring alopecia is still experimental and you might need someone who will take a very aggressive approach to treatment, if all other medical conditions permit.

It will depend on a number of factors, but perhaps you can stop further loss and discuss with your doctor other options for restoring the hair. I wish you all the best.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you recover from alopecia. I don't know any proven treatment for it but try aloe vera plant, take the juice gel from it, blend it and massage it in your effected area, good luck dear and know that there is no such thing as impossible. A lot of people everyday recover from diseases when the doctor diagnosed otherwise, just stay positive and use this plant it could help.

After been diagnosed with scarring alopecia over 7 years ago I have tried just about everything to no avail. I come from a family with some bad genes and as you can see. Do anyone have any treatment that worked for them? The derm. told me it will never grow back but I refuse to accept that. Please HELP!!!!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

http://public.fotki.com/lsylvester3/

Aww...Lsylvester3, never say never. Please send my shero VickiD a PM. If you could have her spirit and drive, you too could be an alopecia survivor.

When you say you've tried everything, what is everything? I ask because it would save us making the same suggestions that have failed you. Waiting for details....

I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I just wanted to add that doctors don't know everything. Keep that never-give-up attitude!

I agree with the other ladies, doctors don't know everything.

Don't give up as I am sure that there is something out here that can and will help you. As another poster said there are other ladies on here who suffered from a form of alopecia but began to grow their hair back. Hopefully they can come in with some advice.

Back