Can you use ONLY shea butter as your leave-in/styler?

didismirage4

After DC'ing today (I posted earlier; shea butter +coconut milk+whatever DC :)), I unintentionally had my hair dry much faster than usual. It was super soft and fluffy and loved it. However I was scared to leave it that way so I re-wet it slightly, put my leave-ins/con, and sealed with shea butter.

But it seems that I don't really need that extra stuff anymore. I was wondering if when wet, can I just use shea butter alone? Or do you ladies suggest that I continue to put leave-ins/con first? I would love to be able to just seal with shea butter after my DC + co-wash.

Thank you! You are all the BEST:drunk::drunk::drunk:

I am not natural but I wanted to chime in anyway...

You can use whatever regimen works for you. Some heads of hair thrive with the use of lots of products, some just the opposite. If you love the results of just using the shea butter, and you don't notice any increased shedding or breakage after a few uses, then I say GO FOR IT!

Good Luck!

P.S. I love your Fro-Hawk in your avatar. You are obviously doing something right.

I am not natural but I wanted to chime in anyway...

You can use whatever regimen works for you. Some heads of hair thrive with the use of lots of products, some just the opposite. If you love the results of just using the shea butter, and you don't notice any increased shedding or breakage after a few uses, then I say GO FOR IT!

Good Luck!

P.S. I love your Fro-Hawk in your avatar. You are obviously doing something right.

Thank you very much!! :) I'm going to try and just use shea butter for my next wash. A lot of products weigh my hair down so I'll be glad to eliminate it to just DC + cowash and shea butter alone.

i love love love shea butter. im a fine natural too and i could see just shea butter on wet hair being amazing.

Back