Can I keep my braids in longer then 2 months with this new product?

Kinkyhairlady

Hi ladies,
I have been wearing braids for almost 2 months now and I was planning on taking them out this week when I received my order of the Take Down braid removal cream. I tested it on a few strands and this product is amazing. Any knots my hair usually has and tangles on the braid were gone. Now I am thinking if this is that good then it should not hurt to leave the braids in longer because I will be able to avoid all the tangled mess. I really need some advice about this cause I am a bit confused if this is a good plan or not. Also my braids don't look bad , I mean I have some new growth but they still look cute. So any advice will be appreciated. Thank You

Re: Can I keep my braids in longer then 2 months with this new product

Ellis, I haven't use that product. But keep me posted with your result using Take Down Braid removal cream. I also am afraid of keeping my braids on for too long because of breakage.

Re: Can I keep my braids in longer then 2 months with this new product

hey ellis where did you get this products from? I'd like to try this oneday!

This is the site that I ordered it from for 13.99. The bottle is an 8oz bottle. I think it is worth the money because it helps with the breakage. Also the braids I already took out are sooo soft like I did not have any braids in. I am just confused should I just take them all out this week or wait 2 more weeks.

http://www.treasuredlocks.com/tadorecr.html

I would say to take them out after 2 months. Let your hair rest a while with deep conditionings and redo the braids if you want.

I'm wearing braids too and I'm going to have to check out this cream. My advice would be to be very careful about leaving your braids in more than 2 months. I did that this summer (3 months) and I will never leave my braids in that long again. Now I have small braids and I was tempted, but I remembered the mess from last time. Play it by ear, but don't try to push it too long. Good luck. /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I recently took braids out that were in my hair for 3 months. If you don't have a lot of build up, you shouldn't have a problem.

To take them out, I saturated my hair with olive oil. Once all the braids were out, I drenched my hair with CON conditioner and left it on all night & shampooed in the morning. My hair looked great.

Back