can i have some advice on dye and possible dye residue? cliff notes in bold

bellezanegra826

I got my hair dyed jet black about a week ago to match the color of some hair I had sewn in. Now I have two problems, a) the weave hair is 1b and about a shade to a half shade lighter than my hair b) when I scratch my scalp, my finger nails turn black, which leads me to believe that I have some dye residue on my scalp. Now I'm sure at this point someone is saying to themselves "wash your head stupid, then you'll get the residue out of your scalp...duh" Well I washed my hair with WEN like two days after I got my hair dyed and it didn't lift any of the color, but it did wash out the dye that I could see around my hairline. I guess Chaz Dean wasn't lying when he said that his product won't strip your hair color. I think I have demi-permanent color in my hair right now b/c the hairdresser said that the color wasn't permanent, but it would last a long time, longer than a rinse. I would like to wash some of the color out, but I don't want whatever I use to strip the color back down to where it was before I dyed it. Do you think a clarifying shampoo would remove some of the color and if so, would it be too stripping? I have heard that some people use neutralizing shampoo to clarify, would anyone suggest that I wash my hair with neutralizing shampoo to remove some of the residue, or would that be a bad idea?

Please suggest a shampoo that can remove residue left from demi-permanent black hair dye and possibly lighten my hair color from 1 to 1b without stripping all of the color. TIA!

Well try a clarifying shampoo but something that doesn't strip. You can try ORS aloe shampoo which cleans well without too much stripping. Then deep condition with heat since heat helps drive out color. You can also put oil in your hair like a handful of coconut oil before washing, massaging well into the areas that have alot of deposit and process with heat before washing.

Wen doesn't conatin any detergents right? If so I wouldn't expect it to work.

I would try any SLS poo and if that doesn't work a clarifying poo like gymfreak suggested.

I agree with gymfreak. The oil idea is good because in my experience, oil has lifted oil from my hair, though it wasn't what I was trying to do at the time. :lol: For this reason, I try to avoid oil pre-poo when I have a rinse in my hair.

Back