Can I ask a dumb question? (Part II)

Amerie123

This is just a thread to ask ALL the dumb questions you want and get them out. JamaicaLovely did a successful thread like this, and this one is just a continuation, since the original one had gotten so long!
Original Thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=247447&highlight=dumb+question

Well, I'm gonna ask mines :grin::

- Is it safe to DC after you henna? Or rather is it recommended?
- And when is it bad to touch your hair after using ayurvedic stuff. I've heard some say that you shouldn't manipulate your hair after you've used ayurvedic stuff. So, my question is, how soon can you manipulate your hair after you've used the stuff?

Well, I have more to ask, just cant think of them right now.

Hi,
you are meant to deep condition after henna with a moisturising conditioner to combat dryness and hardness.

The advise not to manipulate the hair is for wet hair, some of the herbs have strengthening effect in doing so, the hair may appear stiff, so it is advised not to manipulate comb etc, until after you deep condition (moisturising conditioner). Once you hair is moisturised you treat you hair as normal.

HTH

I just did a protein treatment which turned out great! I was wondering if Sunsilk Hydra Tlc Mask is a hard protein because I wanted to use it as a prepoo. If it is a hard protein how long do I have to wait to use it?

I just did a protein treatment which turned out great! I was wondering if Sunsilk Hydra Tlc Mask is a hard protein because I wanted to use it as a prepoo. If it is a hard protein how long do I have to wait to use it?

i don't know too much about that product.... bumpin' for u.

lol. Thanks for starting a new thread, Amazing. I never imagined that thread to grow so large.

i know... lol.. its definitely too long.. BTW.. I love your progress.

For ayurvedic stuff:
What does it mean to do an oil rinse?
What is a tea?

Can someone please answer these questions? TIA.

I have a dumb question - what's a good DC for me to use... the cholesterol one i have doesn't make my hair feel good :(

I have a dumb question - what's a good DC for me to use... the cholesterol one i have doesn't make my hair feel good :(
try GVP conditioning balm. it's my go-to now since it's cheaper than kenra mc. i love this stuff.

here's my question: what's the difference between the bottom of bra-strap and MBL? isn't MBL past the bottom of the bra, but not quite WL?

try GVP conditioning balm. it's my go-to now since it's cheaper than kenra mc. i love this stuff.

here's my question: what's the difference between the bottom of bra-strap and MBL? isn't MBL past the bottom of the bra, but not quite WL?

girl, i've been tryna figure that one out myself. I didn't think that there was much difference between the two.

I kinda think it depends on the person's body... cuz i see some people with "BSL" hair, but in the pix their bras are up at their arm-pits! ....so It's gotta be different for different bodies.

Another dumb question - is there an ayurvedic tutorial or everything u wanna know about ayurvedic hair stuff thread anywhere??!

My turn! my turn!

What ingredients would automatically cause a conditioner to be categorized as a PROTEIN conditioner, and/or MOISTERIZING conditioner?

The reason I ask is this. I use the Cantu Shea Butter leave in as a moisterizer, but I've read that others here consider it a protein conditioner. I DO NOT want to apply protein when I think I'm moisterizing so please educate me on this one.TIA!

For ayurvedic stuff:
What is a tea?

Ok I am no expert but I will take a crack at it.
Oil rinse is when you take the oil of your choice distribute it through your hair and then rinse it out. Sarcea sp? started a nice thread on this. http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=150965

Tea rinse is the same thing. Make the tea of your choice let it cool down and poor it on your hair. Some peope rinse the tea out some people dont.

My turn! my turn!

What ingredients would automatically cause a conditioner to be categorized as a PROTEIN conditioner, and/or MOISTERIZING conditioner?

The reason I ask is this. I use the Cantu Shea Butter leave in as a moisterizer, but I've read that others here consider it a protein conditioner. I DO NOT want to apply protein when I think I'm moisterizing so please educate me on this one.TIA!

This may help some....edit****sorry*** this may help someone but is not directly related to your question...my bad....

Are You A Protien [ Edit | Delete ]

Thank you, Supergirl. I copied this information as a reference because I want to be sure that I am careful with how much protien I use and what protien treatments are going to require special/more moisture.

Is it a protein treatment?

Motions CPR--YES
Motions Moisture Silk Protein--YES
ORS Olive Oil--NO
Kenra Intensive Emollient--NO
Cholesterol Conditioners--NO
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair--YES (though the name says moisture)
Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair--YES*
Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor--YES
Joico K-Pak--YES (not starred, but I'd consider this semi-hardcore)
ORS Mayo--NO
Dudley DRC--YES*
Ultra Sheen Duotex--YES*
Nexxus Keraphix--YES
Nexxus Emergencee--YES*
Dudley Cream Protein--YES

*=hardcore, though there are different levels of hardcority (like my word?) For example, a hardcore with keratin or animal protein is going to be stronger than one with collagen.

Notice that the one with the stars are all products that come in liquid form. They are so potent because they are straight protein (a few stabilizers and preservatives) with no creams and emollients to get in the way. The protein goes straight on your hair strand unobstructed by other ingredients.

Ok Ladies,

My last relaxer was on Sept. 02/08...when i count by weeks
I am 20 weeks and 1 day which puts me at 5months
however counting by months, I am 4 and 1/2 months
So my dumb question is...am I 4 1/2 months post or
5months post......Thanks Ladies

Oh yeah....
...how do I add a byline under my avatar name?? *hangs head in shame*

Don't be ashamed, it can get confusing.

Go to the User CP
Click on Edit Your Details (which should be the second link under Your Profile)
In the second box there's a Custom User Title box. Enter what you like, go the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

Ok Ladies,

It all depends which way you count - like you said :spinning: When you look at my siggy, the date by which it counts months is the date of the month that I relaxed - so mine had said 1 month, 4 weeks and x days before it got to the 9th of this month. However, as you said, you're 20 weeks post and you got 5 months out of your calcuation. Most months aren't just 4 weeks long.

what is WEN? is that the name of an actual product or does it stand for something? (like how NTM is neutrogena triple moisture):look:

what is WEN? is that the name of an actual product or does it stand for something? (like how NTM is neutrogena triple moisture):look:

WEN (Hair Care) is actually the name of the product line by Chaz Dean. The most popular product on the forum is the Wen Cleansing Conditioner.

i LOVE dumb question threads!!!!thanks for starting another one OP

For ayurvedic stuff:
What is a tea?

from my understanding oil rinse is when you apply an oil after rinsing your poo/con....then rinsing that out.....i think it can be a final rinse or in between.

a tea can be ANY tea really....ceylon (black tea)....green tea.......lemon tea......chamomile.....peppermint....a mix of herbal teas.

Ok Ladies,

i think its more accurate to count the weeks....as someone mentioned the months have different # of days....hth

I am 18 weeks post.
1. Is it bad to rollerset my hair twice a week after a co-wash or shall it air-dry?

2. Should I be co-washing everyday or at least 3/4 times a week?

Or at this point is it best to Keep.It.Simple.Sista!

I have two that I LOVE:
Elasta QP DPR (very thick and creamy, available at any BSS)

Mega Silk Cholestrol (Sally's product, creamier than most other cholestrols)

Another great thinf both are these cost about $6!

Back