Can "ANYONE" help?

nklogan

My name is Natasha,14.My hair is terribly overprocessed and relaxed "bone" straight.I made a terrible mistake on Saturday going to get a relaxer.I also got my hair cut to ear length it was neck length at 1st.My hair is shedding terribly.I gave my hair a strong protein treatment and moisture deep conditioner.I don't know what esle to do now.When I touch it tons of hairs is coming out.Can Any one please help?:cry::sad:
I'm thinking I may have to cut all my hair off.

I'm so sorry to hear this...:grouphug3:, but just know that we are here for you. It sounds like your hair needs as little manipulation as possible for a while. You could try saturating it with aloe vera gel fand slicking it back for a couple of days to help bring back the moisture balance and keep doing your deep protein/moisture treatments. I know that it sound cliched now, but remember that your hair will grow back if you have patience and give it tender loving care...Focus on what you learned from this relaxing experience and just make sure you don't make the same mistake again.

My name is Natasha,14.My hair is terribly overprocessed and relaxed "bone" straight.I made a terrible mistake on Saturday going to get a relaxer.I also got my hair cut to ear length it was neck length at 1st.My hair is shedding terribly.I gave my hair a strong protein treatment and moisture deep conditioner.I don't know what esle to do now.When I touch it tons of hairs is coming out.Can Any one please help?:cry::sad:
I'm thinking I may have to cut all my hair off.

*breath* and put those scissors down.

I would give it some time. Keep babying it (you started off by doing the right thing). There are so many questions we need to know in order to give you the best possible help like: When did you notice the shedding? Are you taking anything internally? How much more shedding is it in comparison to your normal shedding? What specific products did you use to protein and moisture treat your hair? What else have you tried to curb the shedding? Do you touch up your own hair? When was your last touch up? Did they apply on the whole length of your hair (overlap)?

And believe me, there are more questions to come...

everything is going to be ok. i've definately been there before and it sounds like you did the best things for your hair so now all you have to do is try not to worry. i know that's easier said than done.

*breath* and put those scissors down.

I would give it some time. Keep babying it (you started off by doing the right thing). There are so many questions we need to know in order to give you the best possible help like: When did you notice the shedding? Are you taking anything internally? How much more shedding is it in comparison to your normal shedding? What specific products did you use to protein and moisture treat your hair? What else have you tried to curb the shedding? Do you touch up your own hair? When was your last touch up? Did they apply on the whole length of your hair (overlap)?

And believe me, there are more questions to come...

This shedding started today after I wash my hair.This is waaaaaaay more shedding than my normal shedding.I used Motions CPR and NTM hair mask.I usually relax my own hair with Motions lye for kids.I just started going to the salon Saturday.I never really touch up.Yes.

Hi sweetie - I LOVE IT that you are only 14 and taking over your haircare. You are gonna have a head full of beautiful hair soon.

My question is, are you sure it is shedding and not breaking? That is going to make a BIG differece in what treatment your hair needs right now.

Hi sweetie - I LOVE IT that you are only 14 and taking over your haircare. You are gonna have a head full of beautiful hair soon.

My question is, are you sure it is shedding and not breaking? That is going to make a BIG differece in what treatment your hair needs right now.

This is shedding and my ends are breaking :sad:it's terrible.

Bless your heart. Zenobia61 gave you some excellent advice. In addition to the aloe vera, why don't you try garlic juice to arrest the shedding and breaking? Yeah, it stinks but maybe you can add it to a yummy smelling moisturizer and just stay close to home over the weekend. I've purchased some from the health food store but haven't used it yet as my hair is twisted now.

Give it some time and don't keep playing in it to see if it's still coming out. Your hair will be back to normal before you know it. :yep:

I am going through this situation right now. I am basically giving my hair strong protein treatments and moisturizing treatments. I am not pulling it back into a bun. I am just wearing it in a clip so my ends will not touch my clothes. I try not to do to much to my hair at this time. It is still shedding, but not as much as before when I got my relaxer. I still have alot of shedding, but not as much as in the beginning. Just be patient and don't do too much to your hair.

Back