Calling curlformer users!

loveisnthehouse

I am currently a texlaxer with three months of natural hair. My question is what do you put on your hair b4 the curlformers? My goal is to comb out the curls for a wavy look. Last night I put NTM silk touch, olive oil to seal and this firm spritz. I think the spritz was a bad idea. I just want may hair to be soft ad flowy. What do you think? Do you think that is a good idea? Also, has anyone experience breakage with the curl formers? Thanks in advance!

I'm not a natural but i was using my curlformers at 16 weeks post and i just used a little setting lotion for a slight hold. I don't use them everyday so I haven't noticed any breakage from that BUT I did see something about that on a you tube video. The girl stated that she did get some breakage when she made the sections too small.

"I suppose yanking them out would damage hair, but if you pinch the top and gently pull them out it doesn't cause any damage.
The problem that arose for me was I made the sections too small and my hair couldn't support the weight of the curlformer. It caused over time breakage along where the curlformer gripped onto the hair. To avoid this make the sections big enough (i.e. you'll have to separate the curls once the curlformers are out.) "

heres the link to the video where she talks about it. HTH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxiH9AjDUCA&feature=related

I used Lotta Body setting lotion diluted with water and lightly misted the hair before hand. I think it was 3 parts water, one part lotta body. It doesn't dry hard. I didn't see any breakage but hair did get pulled from the root if I made really small sections. I have very fine hair so the style would only last two days when using curl formers so it was a lot of work sometimes.

I'm almost all natural, and I use a little gel, Cantu shea butter leave in, and a little water on each section. I dry under the dryer for about an hour or so, and then sleep in them and take then out the next day. It comes out not to crunchy and more curly than wavy. HHG!

Diluted Lottabody and serum, that's it. ^^^ Yes. As a matter of fact, I always comb out my curls. I don't like stiff curls.

I used diluted setting lotion and Shea Moisture's Strengthen Grow & Restore Jamaican Black Castor Oil Styling lotion. and air dried. My styles only look decent for about 2-3 days.
I'm going to do this again this week.

I use to use shea butter as my styler, buuuut you won't get a really soft airy look. It's more like curly and falling down (if that makes sense)

I dilute my leave-in heavily and that's all I use or I use a tea spritz. Anything else and my hair looks dull, gets frizzy or feels hard. The less I put on it the better. I do put an split end serum on my ends to keep my ends from drying out.

Back