CALLING ALL SWIMMERS!! A little advice please...

growth2come

I will be starting swimming from next month. It will only be for maybe once of twice a week. I was thinking maybe to coat my hair in some coconut oil the night before going for a swim or maybe coating with some type of conditioner again maybe earlier in the morning and allowing to dry before going in for a swim to save having it wash out immediately.

I am a natural so if you have any advice catered to natural hair please chime in. As well as those that are relaxed and swimming please let me know what works for you in terms of good shampoos to wash out the chlorine, conditioners, your before swimming routines....

I am hoping to be BSL next year but dont want a little exercise getting in the way of my hair goals...will take any advice...TIA.:yep:

I coat my hair with the Burts Bee's Pre Poo, it's thick and full of great oils and creams. I washed my hair with KBB Shampoo or KC Come Clean, then I conditioned with a nice juicy and well slip conditioner like Aussie Moist or Shescentit Avocado Conditioners. Then I applied my moisturizers as usual. The really only thing done different is the thick pre poo and the shampoo for me.

I swim 4 times a week with my toddler

For me and my girls, we swim a lot but our pool filtration system is not high chlorine dependent like your average pool...i usually coat our hair in conditioner and an oil prior to getting in...since we don't wear swim caps we still rinse our hair as soon as we can.
HTH

Shea Butter! I swam a lot this summer, and it protected my hair the best out of anything else I tried (conditioner, coconut oil, avocado butter). My hair remained soft, even after getting out of the pool. No damage was done.

TBH, I lightly coat in v05 and go for a dive. I swim 1-2 a week now and was ging 4-5 over the summer. I made sure I chelate by washing with a sulfate based shampoo and adding baking soda..then I cowash after i rinse and I DC... my hair really flowered, and I am guessing it's because of the DCing...

BTW. I'm natural of 10 mos.

I wonder if putting a conditioner in and going in the sauna room will make the DC penetrate better? with the heat and all

Back