Calling all PJ's- Wanna try Nu-Grow Moisturizer????

Lotus

Had another PJ moment the other day. *Forgive me, I'm helpless*. Anyways... ran across NU-Grow products http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/splash.asps.com

Anyone uses them before? Any comments.. suggestions?

I purchased the Moisturizer spray ($6.99)...

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Parsley, Allium ativum (Garlic), Irish Moss, Indian Hemp, Rosemary, Nettle, Burdock, Horsetail Coltsfoot, Lemon Verbena, Sage, Myrrh, Coconut Oil, Marigold, Biotin, Birch, Lavender Oil, Jojoba Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Fragrance, Paba Panthenol (B-5), Vitamens E, A and D, Aloe Vera, Honey, Avocado Oil

Last edited:
Fellow PJ checking in on this one! :lachen:

I was at a BSS in Houston a few months ago and ran across this stuff; I purchased the poo ($4.99), con ($4.99) and the grease ($6.99). I really wasn't tracking my hair growth at that time, but I like the products and mix them in with others I use. The scent is fantastic and the ingredients look promising.

I will say, there is some ingredient called 'Petrolatum' in the grease; I don't know if this is an incorrect spelling of petroleum or if it is something else.

Anyway, here is the ingredient list on the grease (couldn't do the poo or con, the ingredients had rubbed away):

Petrolatum, parsley, allium sativum (garlic), Irish moss, Indian hemp, rosemary, nettle, burdock, horsetail coltsfoot, lemon verbena, sage, myrrh, coconut oil, marigold, biotin birch, lavendar oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, fragrance, paba panthenol (B-5 or 6), Vitamins E, A and D, aloe vera, honey and avocado oil.

HTH!

Sooooo... I'm not the only one ;) :lol:

Do you use the conditioner as a rinse in shower or sit under the dryer with it? If using as a rinse.. does it give lots of slip?

BTW- I think the moisturizer (for me) is a keeper. I havent used it to flat iron yet (avoiding heat) but I'm sooo tempted cuz it puts me in the mind of DEW. Only think is (if anything) is the spray nozzle is kinda large so it doesnt mist the same.... but I'm sure I'll have found an alternative sprayer by the time I put some heat to dis head of mine. I'll let you know how it goes.

ETA: Oh yea.. what cha' mixin' up over der?

Hey, Lotus!

I was just looking at some old threads/posts of mine, and saw your question! My bad, girl!

I don't actually mix it with anything, but I use it along with the other thousands of deep cons that I use, Ojon Hydrating, NTM, Tui Hair Smoothi, MNT, Moisturefuse by Mizani...there are others but I can't think of em now!

Hey Tricie-

I dont know how I missed this (as much time as I spend on the board- lol) but thanks for hittin' me back.

Progress report. I'm still lovin' Nu-grow moisturizer. I stongly believe I've found my non-heat protective style moisturizer. :D I'm really curious how it will compare to Dew on flat ironed hair... but havent done it yet. I'm still no heating and probably wont heat or perm until May (b-day) or June (Hawaii). I'll follow up and let you know how it's going or if anything changes.

Hey, Lotus! :wave:

You had a PJ moment with the NuGro people awhile back, didn't you? :lol:

I feel ya, though! I have only tried their grease, shampoo and conditioner and liked them all pretty well.

Let us know how it is!!

Oh, the web addy wasn't working, I think you had a couple of extra .coms in there; try this one :)

http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/splash.asp

Oh my, you're making my PJism flare up, girl! You know I want some now! Thanks for the review and do let us know.

How exciting that you are going to Hawaii! Have a wonderful time!

tricie said:
Hey, Lotus! :wave:

You had a PJ moment with the NuGro people awhile back, didn't you? :lol:

I feel ya, though! I have only tried their grease, shampoo and conditioner and liked them all pretty well.

Let us know how it is!!

Oh, the web addy wasn't working, I think you had a couple of extra .coms in there; try this one :)

http://www.nugrohairproducts.com/splash.asp

@ PJ moment- And DID! :lol: I'm terrible girl. I went to the store with my cousin.. and sat in the car (cuz I know I have a habit) hoping she'd run in and come right back- didn't happen. Next think I know I'm in the store with a shoppin' basket in my hand and I dont even remember making the conscientious decision to get out the car. Them products kept callin' me man, they just kept callin' me. :lachen:

Good lookin' out on the addy. I've updated it.

@ PJ moment- And DID! I'm terrible girl. I went to the store with my cousin.. and sat in the car (cuz I know I have a habit) hoping she'd run in and come right back- didn't happen. Next think I know I'm in the store with a shoppin' basket in my hand and I dont even remember making the conscientious decision to get out the car. Them products kept callin' me man, they just kept callin' me.

Good lookin' out on the addy. I've updated it.

Girl, I am ROFL! You know you are too funny! I love that part about not even deciding to get out of the car! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I so know how it is; I haven't left the house today (yes, I shamefully did not go to church, but I am getting over a mini-flu), but I was thinking of going to BSS to look for....something! So, so sad, isn't it?? :lol:

@ Tricie *holding my PJ head down in shame*

Know it's late, I dont know how I keep missin' your posts, but I hope you've recovered from our illness. & thanks for always hittin me back.

Well... I've tried the shampoo and the conditioner.
Shampoo- The shampoo cleans but doesnt lather :confused:. IDK how I feel about it... I think I'm stick w/Elucence. Elucence seems to moisturize better for me. Hey, ya never know unless you try right. *that's what I tell myself when I make product decisions that dont work out for me... helps w/my PJG (G as in Guilt) :lol:. My aunt loves it though.

Conditoner- I tried to CO wash with it, but didnt give me enough slip (I'm a cone head :D) soooo I mixed it with someother stuff :look: and got under the dryer. Product has some really stuff in it and I figured what could it hurt, ya know.

Moisturizer- I'm still in love with it. Excellent detangler & protective styles.
I tried to flat iron w/it. Bad, BAD idea :lol:. It has a lot of glycerine and I think I may have sprayed to much. So you can imagine how my hair came out. Girl, I was walking around looking like a Chia pet. *Hey, dont laugh :perplexed pretty is and pretty does- :lol:* 2nd attmept- I used it lightly *sprayed a little on my hands ran over the ends of my flat ironed hair* and my ends stayed moist until my wash.

Back