CALLING ALL COARSE 4B NATURALS ONLY

Nanyanika

I'm currently transitioning back to natural coarse 4b hair. The problem is my newgrowth is extremely dry and coaRse. i conditioner wash weith vo5 is usually a bit softer, next i add my HOMEMADE spray and a mix of world of curls/coconut oil, which feels good on the hair. but when it dries its coarse and dry no matter which products i use. i don't know what conditioners or moisturisers to use anymore cause they refuse to work. What has worked for your hair? thanks in advance.

while transitioning i looved nioxin therapy the tingling was great i felt it was cleaning. and my hair while transitioning its favourite cond was mane and tail but the new one conditioning/moisturizing not the old formula. now that i m natural 4 b its either v05 free me freesia but mainly just rinsing and applying a good moisturizer like wondergro/mtg but i m thinking of retrying mane and tail moisturizing cond

den1 said:
I'm currently transitioning back to natural coarse 4b hair. The problem is my newgrowth is extremely dry and coaRse. i conditioner wash weith vo5 is usually a bit softer, next i add my HOMEMADE spray and a mix of world of curls/coconut oil, which feels good on the hair. but when it dries its coarse and dry no matter which products i use. i don't know what conditioners or moisturisers to use anymore cause they refuse to work. What has worked for your hair? thanks in advance.

Buy you some StaSofFro, the gel and the spray.
After you cowash, rub on the gel as a leave-in conditioner.
When your hair dries, rub on a little water and use the spray as a moisturizer.

den1 said:
Hi Divine, I thought you knew that i'm 4B. Its growing in pretty coarse now and nothing really working that well anymore.
Ur pictures aren't showing up for me right no, so I can't see any new growth.I hope you solve the dry problem, b/c i'm going through the same thing. This new dye job has my hai dry, so i'm going to get a bottle of WGHO.

ekomba said:
while transitioning i looved nioxin therapy the tingling was great i felt it was cleaning. and my hair while transitioning its favourite cond was mane and tail but the new one conditioning/moisturizing not the old formula. now that i m natural 4 b its either v05 free me freesia but mainly just rinsing and applying a good moisturizer like wondergro/mtg but i m thinking of retrying mane and tail moisturizing cond
Oh i have the nioxin therapy, I haven't used it in a while. Whats the name of the new mane and tail conditioner? i'm willing to try just about anything to keep my hair moisturised.

divine said:
Ur pictures aren't showing up for me right no, so I can't see any new growth.I hope you solve the dry problem, b/c i'm going through the same thing. This new dye job has my hai dry, so i'm going to get a bottle of WGHO.
My newgrowth is in my signature

CatSuga said:
Buy you some StaSofFro, the gel and the spray.
After you cowash, rub on the gel as a leave-in conditioner.
When your hair dries, rub on a little water and use the spray as a moisturizer.
Thanks for your recommendation, i'll check out the sta-sof-fro in the white bottle, i used it when natural. Whats their gel like? does it contain protein? I'm not applying anything that contains it. Thanks for your help

divine said:
Thanks Divine, good luck!! I hope WGO is the solution.

divine said:
When u become a 4b?

Honestly Den1, not trying to be rude but in the States(and possibly else where) and in Andre's book, you would be consider to Type 3. Your hair is always pretty though. I would agree with what someone else said. I love StaSoft Fro Spray on my new growth. It makes my hair really soft. It is only then I might get the waves that you do but still they are alot tighter.

Last edited:
den1 said:
Hi Divine, I thought you knew that i'm 4B. Its growing in pretty coarse now and nothing really working that well anymore.

it may be scab hair i transitionned for one year and the new growth was ridiculously coarse no amount of cond,moisturizer that i was using while transitioning seemed to work.

den1 said:
Oh i have the nioxin therapy, I haven't used it in a while. Whats the name of the new mane and tail conditioner? i'm willing to try just about anything to keep my hair moisturised.

the new mane and tail is so great i did a mistake and bought the regular one but did not feel the moisture like the other one on the bottle it says mane and tail extra moisturizing and conditioning i think i m not sure i was offered samples at the bss of the poo and cond and love it so much and went to buy it but made a mistake i took the regular one and did not like it at all i have to go get it again

kinchen said:
carols daughter healthy hair butter is great on wet or dry hair
I've heard soo much about Carols daughter HHB, i'm going to find the number for uk stockists. Thanks

When I first attempted transitioning last year, my hair was very dry. That's probably why I relaxed again. I believe my problem was that I was overdoing it. I was making all these extra concoctions, adding rosemary, peppermint eo here, mixing shea and avocado with this and that. Now my regimen is very simple. I use minimal products on my hair. Conditioner, some type of oil or occasionally a butter, and water. Recently I've been toying with glycerin and that's it. I'm sure when I attempt more styles I'll have to use something extra, but for me, simpler proved better.

czyfaith77 said:
Honestly Den1, not trying to be rude but in the States(and possibly else where) and in Andre's book, you would be consider to Type 3. Your hair is always pretty though. I would agree with what someone else said. I love StaSoft Fro Spray on my new growth. It makes my hair really soft. It is only then I might get the waves that you do but still they are alot tighter.
I remember reading Andre;s system and i felt the descritption more matched my hair type which is 4b. I Find the hairtyping thing a bit confusing but, i'll stick with 4b. I'm definitely going buy some sta-sof-fro, it can get oily with usuage but my hair is begging for it. Thanks for your help

ekomba said:
it may be scab hair i transitionned for one year and the new growth was ridiculously coarse no amount of cond,moisturizer that i was using while transitioning seemed to work.
Oh no, i have about 3-4 inches of growth, please don't tell me its scab hair. what did you do with yours? did you cut it off?

angellazette said:
When I first attempted transitioning last year, my hair was very dry. That's probably why I relaxed again. I believe my problem was that I was overdoing it. I was making all these extra concoctions, adding rosemary, peppermint eo here, mixing shea and avocado with this and that. Now my regimen is very simple. I use minimal products on my hair. Conditioner, some type of oil or occasionally a butter, and water. Recently I've been toying with glycerin and that's it. I'm sure when I attempt more styles I'll have to use something extra, but for me, simpler proved better.
I think i could be overloading my hair with too many products. I may give using my homemade concoctions a rest and simplify things. Do you mix the glycerin with water before applying to your hair. whats the results?

No problem. You know you were the first person I came in contact with almost a year ago when I first came on LHCF? You were actually featured on Robin's website and I think it was your reference to this website that got me here. I can't believe that it has been almost a year that I have been taking good care of my hair and have really seen the results! Thanks:)
den1 said:
I remember reading Andre;s system and i felt the descritption more matched my hair type which is 4b. I Find the hairtyping thing a bit confusing but, i'll stick with 4b. I'm definitely going buy some sta-sof-fro, it can get oily with usuage but my hair is begging for it. Thanks for your help

czyfaith77 said:
No problem. You know you were the first person I came in contact with almost a year ago when I first came on LHCF? You were actually featured on Robin's website and I think it was your reference to this website that got me here. I can't believe that it has been almost a year that I have been taking good care of my hair and have really seen the results! Thanks:)
you've been here a year? That's great!! this site is wonderful, i'm glad i led you here. I think you pm'ed me a few times too? I need as much knowledge from you on how care for my natural texture again. lol this is gonna be hard work.

locabouthair said:
s curl has helped my hair to become softer. b4 it used to feel sooooo dry now it much softer.
s-curl was very up and down, one minute my hair would feel dry then it made it soft. weird.

The DENMAN D3 brush makes my coarse hair silky. The trick is to go thru small sections of hair, spray with water, then rub in some Elucence conditioner. Then I comb thru the section with my K cutter and Denman then braid it up. When my hair is dry, it feels like its been pressed.

caligirl said:
The DENMAN D3 brush makes my coarse hair silky. The trick is to go thru small sections of hair, spray with water, then rub in some Elucence conditioner. Then I comb thru the section with my K cutter and Denman then braid it up. When my hair is dry, it feels like its been pressed.
Wow this sounds brilliant, i was looking to purchase a brush the other day. I'll check out the website now.

den1 said:
Oh no, i have about 3-4 inches of growth, please don't tell me its scab hair. what did you do with yours? did you cut it off?

All the growth i gained after transitioning for one year i could not deal with the scab hair but i went drastic i chop everything bald and would trim it each time it grew until the hair was softer and i grew 2 inches then i did braids. i think it depends on people but when you stop perming and start transitioning specially for 1 year you first feel like the new growth curl but its just because the processed hair is still attached and make it seems like it curls but as soon as cut it off it felt rough no matter what amount of cond or moisturizer i put i could not comb it was dry no matter what when transitioning i could mask it better than when i cut off the ends but i was losing whole strands because of the two textures after transitioning a long time you either have to perm it or cut the relaxed ends of or do many oil pre poos, deep cond, at that time lekair cholesterol i use to use it all the time with the mane and tell and when i cut the relaxed ends off it was a real brillo pad could nt do nothing if someone try to do cornrows i was really sore u know how you have headaches because ure scalp feels sore it was the first time i experience that i never had hair that i could not put a comb in so i cut it and kept cutting all my growth litle by litle until it came out softer i dont have any scab hair left. u know u have scab hair when you keep getting headaches and the scalp is sore and you cant even separate your own hair with your fingers without hurting and no product can soften it or moisturize it

ekomba said:
All the growth i gained after transitioning for one year i could not deal with the scab hair but i went drastic i chop everything bald and would trim it each time it grew until the hair was softer and i grew 2 inches then i did braids. i think it depends on people but when you stop perming and start transitioning specially for 1 year you first feel like the new growth curl but its just because the processed hair is still attached and make it seems like it curls but as soon as cut it off it felt rough no matter what amount of cond or moisturizer i put i could not comb it was dry no matter what when transitioning i could mask it better than when i cut off the ends but i was losing whole strands because of the two textures after transitioning a long time you either have to perm it or cut the relaxed ends of or do many oil pre poos, deep cond, at that time lekair cholesterol i use to use it all the time with the mane and tell and when i cut the relaxed ends off it was a real brillo pad could nt do nothing if someone try to do cornrows i was really sore u know how you have headaches because ure scalp feels sore it was the first time i experience that i never had hair that i could not put a comb in so i cut it and kept cutting all my growth litle by litle until it came out softer i dont have any scab hair left. u know u have scab hair when you keep getting headaches and the scalp is sore and you cant even separate your own hair with your fingers without hurting and no product can soften it or moisturize it
OMG, that's exactly what i'm going through now. i have terrible scalp tenderness, its sore everytime i try to part or braid it. I also have pain in spots where the relaxer burnt on my scalp. i've also stopping relaxing for one year now. I don't what i'm going to do.

What helped me with scalp soreness was massaging my head a few times a day. BTW I :love: your album. I was without a relaxer for I think 5 months (early july till last night) My hair grew quite a bit during that time and it really made my scalp sensitve. Massaging for 5-10 minutes really did the trick.

-A

Back