Calling 3B's

Sunshine

Calling 3B\'s

Hi Ladies,

My daughter is 3yrs old and has 3B hair 2 inches past her shoulder. I have 3C hair and when I was natural all I needed was grease and water. Not so with my shortie. She is frizzy 5 min. after I do her hair. I have tried every combination of the following:
leaving in a little creme rinse
brushing w/ water and grease
IC hair polisher
coconut oil
jam
wild growth

I just want a product or technique to help her hair lie flatter (less frizzy) I am tempted to blow it out after her shampoo but I'm not sure if that's abuse or not /images/graemlins/crazy.gif , she is only 3. I don't mind too much for day to day, but on picture days or special occasions I'd like her to look like I did her hair that day. Help if you can. Thanks.

Re: Calling 3B\'s

the activator queen says try some curl activator! /images/graemlins/smile.gif i would use something a little heavy like World of Curls gel in the tub. it has helped me eliminate frizz from my hair when i wear it up. you could put it on hers (avoiding the scalp and focusing on the ends) and put it in a bunch of ponytail holders with twists. i loved when my mother did my hair that way when i was little.

adrienne

I agree with Adriene...Curl activator works wonders! Try applying it after a leave in conditioner and then maybe a little gel? This is what I use but you may not wish to use gel on her hair (some find gel drying) Just make sure it is alcohol and protein free and you/your daughter should be OK
I really like VO5 gels. The Freesia is a good one to try.
HTH
Valleygirl

Hi Sunshine,

I would resist using the blow drier on her hair. Try using the curl activator like the ladies said. My eldest son has 3b hair and it was always a job trying to get his hair to lie down flat until I read about the curl activators. It worked for him. Give it a try. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks a bunch ladies. I'm definately going to try it tomorrow and I'll let you know how it works out.

Aloe vera gel mixed with a little emu oil works well and it is odorless and kind to sensitive scalps and skin. Defines the curl and waves and holds them without any stickiness and residue. Bonjour.

Back