Bun Maintenance

winona

Does anyone leave their buns in for multiple days?

This week I dced, applied leave in and used a knee hi to put my hair into a ponytail. I then twisted my hair and formed a bun. I have left it like that for at least 2-3days but I am terrified of a setback because I am not square dancing my bun. I am a kinky curly natural head if you have any suggestions.

Thank you ladies in advance

I leave my wet/damp bun in for 2 or 3 days at a time. After that, it starts to dry out and I just take it down and recowash/wash. It stays pretty neat if I tie it down with a scarf and, in my opinion, is a great low manipulation way of wearing my hair.

I actually try to leave my buns in for a few days. I'm a huge believer in low manipulation and protective styling, but I also like to have access to my scalp and hair. So leaving a bun in for a few days is definitely the best of all worlds.

I usually moisturize my hair, seal the ends, and then put my hair up in a bun. I leave it there for two to three days, take it down, detangle, re-moisturize, re-seal, and then re-bun. I don't leave it for longer than three days, because I have quite a bit of new growth, and it starts to loc up at the roots.

So I think you should be good to go. Just be careful that your ends are receiving adequate moisture, and that the bun you choose isn't putting undue stress on them. And check periodically for locs and matted hair, so you can know when to comb. Some people can not comb their hair for weeks and their hair will thrive, but some people try the same thing and end up with huge tangles and matted hair that takes an act of God to remove.

Thank you ladies. I will try this out for about 2 weeks and see where I get. My bun are not tight so I hope my edges dont suffer. But lately I am tooo tired and busy to do protective styles that take hours to do

Once I do my bun on Sundays after washing and deep conditioning, for the most part I don't take it down until Sunday. I wear a scarf every night so my bun don't get don't get messy, I my take the excess hair and add more moisture and rebun that part only but that's maybe 2/3 times a week.

I tend to leave my buns in after a fresh co-wash. I do them around a sock bun attachment on damp hair that has leave-in condish and is sealed with oil.
I then spray the edges and the body of the bun every morning and night witha moisture mix (I'm now going to be using Aloe vera juice as the main ingredient) and cover with a satin scarf and bonnet (I sleep wild, lol!) to bed.
After 2-3 days, I take it down, and re-moisturise (if I'm feeling lazy) or co-wash and then re-bun!
HTHs!

I take my faux bun off at night and moisturize my hair with my spritz and/or with Qhemets AOHC and OHHB. Now that I baggy (whole head) at night, I moisturize, finger detangle, lightly brush my hair back into a ponytail, baggy, and tie a scarf around to preserve the style. In the morning, I bobby pin the faux bun and I am done.

At this time I am wearing a phony ponytail afro puff. I take my bun down every night and add moisture to my hair and seal my ends with hair grease.:look: I will wear my hair in a bun until my hair's shrinkage has gotten to the point that I cannot lay my hair down nicely which is about a week.

I leave my buns in for two days at the most just tie it up with scarf to maintain after that I will refresh it or wash

Back