Breaking the Bun Challenge for Thanksgiving

Victorian

old head
I have decided that I'm wearing my hair down for the first time in almost 4 months! It's a holiday so I figure that's a good enough reason. I'm going to wash it in the morning and figure out some cute way to wear it for dinner. I will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT use a curling iron. I thought I left all my heat appliances at home until I dug through some of my stuff that I stored here at school over the summer and found my OTHER curling iron (I've got like three or four
sekret.gif
). So I technically have one here. I must be strong. The key is to figure out how I'm going to style it early in the day so I can let it air dry in a way that will help me achieve that style. Maybe a braid out or pin curls or something. I don't know...I'm just rambling at this point--I don't think anyone's even awake or on the board anymore... I'll give you an update tomorrow after I figured out what I'm going to do. Lord, look at me, more excited about how I'm going to wear my hair than the Thanksgiving food
laugh.gif

*sigh* I used the curling iron.

Wait, let me explain. So I got up this morning, planning to do a braid out. But when I took my hair down from my nightly bun, my hair was so smooth and soft and silky, I didn't want to wash it. So fine, I could just wear it straight. The only problem was the big bend in my hair from my scrunchie. Soooo I got the curling iron out. I had intended to just use it to "retrain" the part where the bend is, but once I got the thing in my hair I ended up curling the ends
laugh.gif
Honestly, I don't regret it. My hair was ON POINT tonight and hey, I've been good this whole time, using the curling iron once won't kill me. I used some Beyond the Zone Split Mender and some Hot Six Oil to protect my hair, and went to it. I don't have any hairspray and really don't like it much anyways, so I counted on my hair falling by the end of the night. It's fine cuz it actually looked nice when it was all straight so I figured once the curl fell it would still be alright. And it was
smile.gif

I wanted to have great pics to show you guys but I was running late so I only got a few and they are sort of blurry and not that good. I'll post them anyway in a minute.
So that's what happened. It's up in a clip where it belongs now
laugh.gif

Alright, I figured 19.95 a year isn't so bad, so I upgraded my picturetrail account. So nice to have a permanent account--think I'll add pics of my dogs
laugh.gif
...Anyway there are only three pics and they don't really do my hair any justice. I was so excited it came out so well. Ironically it made me even more determined to keep with my protective styles. My hair never looked this nice when I used to use heat ALL the time. Sticking to my regimen most of the time means that on those special occasions when I wear it out, it will look WAY nicer
smile.gif

Your hair looks great BlackCardinal! I pondered about wearing my hair down for this day also since it's been almost 5 months for me. But at the last minute, I wore my French Twist. I have to learn how to use my flat iron first. Congratulations! It must feel really good to wear your hair down and have it look good too!
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
Sticking to my regimen most of the time means that on those special occasions when I wear it out, it will look WAY nicer
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail right on the head, girl. You are so right
smile.gif

Your hair looks fabulous! Keep up the good work, hon.
up.gif

Back