Breaking and shedding a lot

lav123

I need help. I have 4a/4b type hair. My hair is breaking and shedding a lot at the same. When I comb my hair I can hear it crackling. It is so dry. I don’t know what to do. I have tried ORS carrot oil, ORS olive oil and Motions daily hair dress with no success. Ladies I need some advice on how to stop the breaking /shedding and dry hair. Thanks

have u tried a protein conditioner followed up by a moisturizing conditioner to combat the breakage/shedding? have u tried using oils in your regimen, such as hot oil treatments to help with dryness?
could the shedding/breakage be due to stress or overprocessing/underprocessing? maybe u need to change ur moisturizer if ORS products aren't working. hth

Do you use a protein treatment at all? That works well for me.
As far as moisture, I have been on a search as well. I think what works best for me is lightly misting my ends with a water based product, and then coating them with an oil blend (mostly olive oil). I only put this on my ends at night when I roll my hair. I leave the hair closest to the scalp alone. In the mornings, I lightly spray Oragnic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Spray.

I have noticed with my hair that lotions, cremes, and oils alone do not do much. They add little moisture to my hair, and my ends are still brittle.

lav123 said:
I need help. I have 4a/4b type hair. My hair is breaking and shedding a lot at the same. When I comb my hair I can hear it crackling. It is so dry. I don’t know what to do. I have tried ORS carrot oil, ORS olive oil and Motions daily hair dress with no success. Ladies I need some advice on how to stop the breaking /shedding and dry hair. Thanks
Like Islandgirl stated, it sounds like your hair maybe overprocessed. A protein reconstructor is needed followed by a moisturizing conditioner. Wash hair at least once a week along with a deep conditioning treatment. Give your hair 4 to 8 weeks and you should see improvement. You also may need to find other products for your hair if the ones that you are using aren't working for you. HTH

Since I relaxed my hair on May 2 I deep conditioned with Motions CPR. No protein treatment.Just as cminter said cremes and lotions do little for my hair. It is still brittle.

I am going to try Creme of Nature shampoo and conditioner or the NTM line. What do you think? Are these products going to work? What type of oils can I use?

I just went thru a period of shedding and breakage in April, without the drying factor.

Here what is working for me.

Creme of Nature shampoo & cond.
1-2x's a week.

Every 2 weeks I use Lekair's Cholesterol Treatment

Daily at nite: Surge 14 revitalizer spray
Surge Lotion Potion#9 Oil
Elasta QP Shea Butter -Works MAGIC for dry ends & hair
Salerm 21

I use a satin scarf to tie my hair up along with the Baggie method, no DRYNESS.

HTH

lav123 said:
Since I relaxed my hair on May 2 I deep conditioned with Motions CPR. No protein treatment.Just as cminter said cremes and lotions do little for my hair. It is still brittle.

Isn't CPR a protein treatment?

lav123 said:
I am not sure. I used Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner not Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor.

Yeah, the one with the little bits in it? I've used both as protein treatments, or so I thought. Maybe too much protein is the issue.

Back