Breakage or shedding

Remember0711

Hey all I am relaxed but my hair dresser underprocessed my hair so my roots have some texture. My hair is growing but it is breaking or shedding. I have very fine, ear length hair. I have been on this hair journey for seven months and it has been growing alot. But what can I do? I comb it gently it sheds - I do not know if protein will help... if I could i have some assistance that would be great!!@:yawn:

What's your reggi and products? Are the strands the length of your hair or short (like 1/8" or something?)?

Shedding is when it come from the root, with a white bulb at the end. Breakage are shorter hairs without the bulb. Shedding is normal once it's not in excess and can occur whether you comb rough or gently. Breakage tends to happen with aggressive combing, lack of moisture, bad styling techniques - just over all frowned upon hair practices. On average we shed around 100 hairs a day, give or take a bit - if the shedding is REALLY bothering you, you can take garlic pills or an MSM supplement to limit the amount of hairs you shed. If it's breakage, I think you should do a light protein treatment and see if that helps, then keep alternating from light protein to moisture to keep a balance. Just my 2 cents to give you an answer since we don't know your regimen, hope that helps.

Back