Breakage in my micros

Mwenye_Heri

I am currently 27 weeks post relaxer transitioning. I received my first relaxer in 2006 now I don't like my relaxed hair. I am currently in micros (in fotki), and I took out some today. I had a ball of dirt between the new growth and where the braid began so instead of pulling out the hair with ball of dirt attatched I took some old Carols daughter shampoo gently messaging the dirt out of the little strip of hair. To no avail the hair attatched to the ball came out and I am left with the growth of my micros:wallbash:. Next week is my big takedown for my entire head. How can I prevent all of my hair from breaking out like this?? HELP

Thanks

When I take down my twists I normally dampen the whole head and then put oil on the roots and where my hair ends in the twists I let that sit for about 20 minutes and proceed taking down my hair. If I it starts to dry I will spray it. You can put some oil and water or conditioner in a spray bottle and keep it damp until everything is taken down.

You have weeks of shedding in your micros and depending on how well you maintained your micros in your hair there could be some breakage, but more than likely it is shedding.

Just go slow and steady in taking them down. Patience is key.

I spray a mixture of braid spray, cheap conditioner, and moisturizer in my bottle, than spray the braids every day or every other day, this moisturizes the hair in the braids. I have done this during sew ins, etc, and when I take down my hair, I have gotten NO breakage. I recommend what someone said to water down, as you take down. And take down gently!

Take your time and work through each knot smothered in conditioner....
Separate hair strand by strand
I was just going to post that link lol

Back