Braids: Kanekalon hair vs Human Hair is one heavier than the other?

NIN4eva

Despite this wretched cold I'm fighting I put in a set of BSL individuals this weekend. I used about 4.5 packs of Xpressions synthetic hair. It's been a couple of years since I've put some in (the last time they were tree braids and I used toyokalon hair) but this batch of braids seems awfully heavy. My braids are about the diameter of a pencil.

Is it just a matter of getting used to them?

I'm fatigued overall due to this cold so is that why they seem so heavy?

Or should I have used another type of hair?

Kanekelon hair is heavier than human e ESPECIALLY when wet. I have braided my hair w/ it for many, many years. I like it b/c it's cheaper than human, you can straighten it via flat iron, curl it with hot rollers or the curling iron, or dip it in water with rods for a more permanent curl. For me, since it's so cheap, & mimics human without all the frizzled I prefer working with it.

Human hair is way lighter but kankelon is so much cheaper and it holds the shape of the braids without getting frizzy unlike human hair.

Interesting, Thanks for the info ladies! I remember being happy with toyokalon hair but wanted a less doll-like look this time around. It's not causing any problems so I'll give it a couple of days and if it's still weighty I'll just have cough up the cash for the frizzy human situation. I'm planning to grow out this relaxer so I'm gonna be in braids for a WHILE.

Back