Braidouts/WashnGo Natural vs Relaxed

*fabulosity*

Do you think braidouts come out better when you are natural vs relaxed? I'm transitioning (lawd is it hard)... and on the Ovation challenge. I'm trying to find some way for me to get the best absorption/low maintenance and have a "cute" look. I thought I had found it in a braidout/twist out. Very cute and manageable. My natural hair has a beautiful curl pattern that looks great (whoever thought new growth was pretty? lol)..but the ends that are relaxed are just straight and sticking out...lol. I thought about rolling it with some perm rods at the end.. My last relaxer was 12/15/07. I don't plan to chop ANYTHING off. I'm just going to ride it until the wheels fall off.

But I'm just hoping that when I'm completely natural it will really be able to be a wash/go without much manipulation because the whole head will have the right curl pattern.

Braidouts? I think they look great on both natural and relaxed heads.

Rolling your ends or scrunching while wet should help to blend your relaxed ends.

actually, i liked my braidouts on relaxed hair better. i could make my hair crimpy all the way to the ends... but my natural hair, it still coils at the end. so it just looks the same as my natural texture, but "stretched out" and a little less "big." :look:

i think braidouts can look good on relaxed or natural hair, when done right. :yep:

I actually like my braidouts better on natural hair; when my hair was relaxed it just kind of looks limp.

I think if you put perm rods on the ends it will come out well.

I liked braidouts on my relaxed hair, although they only lasted a day. I like twistouts better on my natural hair. And wash and gos--no question, better on my natural hair (I relaxed bone straight).

I'm relaxed and I love my braidouts. I put flexirods on the ends.
I didn't really like my twistout when I tried it but I'll work on it.

Still haven't figured out a way to get a good WnG. I'll work on that this summer also.

I am transtioning. I like my braidouts better on relaxed hair. They lasted longer and looked better too.

95% of the time, now that i am transitioning, I do a ponytail rollerset first and/or flatiron the roots first and then do the braidouts.

I would love to hear from more women who do braidouts on their natural hair often.

Mine look better on natural hair. But I do think if done right they'll look good on both natural and relaxed hair. I used to get twistouts at the salon with relaxed hair sometimes and they were cute.

My WNG look better on my natural hair now that I know how to take care of it. My relaxed hair, some parts just didn't curl up enough to look good by itself. I can't comment on braid or twist out yet because my hair isn't long enough to do it.:ohwell::rolleyes:

Back