Braid wearers I need your help

mj11051

I want to know you ladies deep condition your hair with the braids in? How often should it be done? And can you use a steamer with the braids? Thanks In Advance.

Yes I DC'd when I wore my braids.:yep: I DC'd everytime I cowashed or rinsed my hair (usually 2-3 times a week). I really believe that it made a difference in the condition of my natural hair. I clarifed atleast once a week or every 2 weeks to prevent excess build-up. I applied the DC to the length of my braids, never close to the roots.

What kind of braids are you wearing? I usually wear micros, Sengalese Twists, or Kinky Twists.

YES YES YES, to the steamer. In when I just want to refresh my scalp I add a little lemon and Lavender essential oils to the water and use that to steam. But when you deep condition just dilute everything.

I treat my hair in braids no differently from how I treat my hair out of braids. I wash twice a week (poo and condish; then poo and DC) and end each wash with an ACV rinse. For the DC, I use a dryer sometimes; sometimes I don't.

I wear cornrows and I only cowash. I poo/DC/steam/ henna when I take them out every 3-4 weeks.

I still moisturize daily

Back