Braid tutorial and pics

Aviah

Okay, I did my hair again, slightly different this time but nothing special. I was trying to make a tutorial on Youtube like some of you guys asked for but its not working :sad:. I've got some of the pics here, does anyone know how to upload it on to Youtube? I'm not sure my videos are in the right format...

Attachments

• 220011.jpg
    220011.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 220023.jpg
    220023.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 71
  • 220124.jpg
    220124.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 220158.jpg
    220158.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 220131.jpg
    220131.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 90
Oh My! That's a great job. I'm a self braider too and you put me to shame ;) How long did it take you to braid this do? And how long before you take it down and re-braid? I'm fascinated because I don't know anyone else who does this too.

Sorry can't help with youtube.

If my tutorial would upload (and if its clearly explained) you can learn!
I'm gonna go back on and try to upload it:wallbash:

Please do! I would love, love love to learn how to do that. It's gorgeous. I especially love the one at the end where you hair is braided into a bun. Just beautiful.

Oh My! That's a great job. I'm a self braider too and you put me to shame ;) How long did it take you to braid this do? And how long before you take it down and re-braid? I'm fascinated because I don't know anyone else who does this too.

Thank you Ladytea,
This took me about half of a day to do, because I never sit still long enough to get it all done at one time:grin:! But if I was to just do it all at once it may take about 1 -2 hours depending on the style and the size. I usually leave it in for a week unless I'm redoing it, but since I get an itchy scalp I usually take it out and wash once a week.
I would love to see some of your styles! I'm really getting into braids again and need inspiration!

Wow 1-2 hours for that many braids? You're a PRO! :yep: I must confess that nowadays I don't do more than 8 braids, since I take down and re-do weekly. I get itchy scalp too, so I oil with Dax:whip: the stinky one. But will definitely share braid pics.

Again, great job and good luck with youtube.

If my tutorial would upload (and if its clearly explained) you can learn!
I'm gonna go back on and try to upload it:wallbash:
I can't wait to start following your videos on youtube. You are very talented and I want to learn how to braid my DD's hair.

Wow 1-2 hours for that many braids? You're a PRO! :yep: I must confess that nowadays I don't do more than 8 braids, since I take down and re-do weekly. I get itchy scalp too, so I oil with Dax:whip: the stinky one. But will definitely share braid pics.

Again, great job and good luck with youtube.

No, honestly, I'm no pro. I see some styles like what Ludacris had before he cut his hair, man those were something....
It would be maybe an hour for slightly bigger braids, but for this it would be around two (my hair isn't that thick).
Oooooh you use Dax... I'm telling :lachen:

Last edited:
I can't wait to start following your videos on youtube. You are very talented and I want to learn how to braid my DD's hair.

Its still not working and I don't know how to change the format from AVI to MPEG :cry:

Aw, man! Just when I thought I was going to get a braid tutorial.:wallbash::rolleyes: Your style is gorgeous! Can you please let us know when you are able to upload the video?

No, honestly, I'm no pro. I see some styles like what Ludacris had before he cut his hair, man those were something....
It would be maybe an hour for slightly bigger braids, but for this it would be around two (my hair isn't that thick).
Oooooh you use Dax... I'm telling :lachen:

:sekret: You better not tell my business:lachen:

I'll try again to post the video tomorrow. I'm really disappointed to say the least, sorry ladies...

How sweet of you!

I braid my daughters hair like this (except she likes her bun high on top of her head) and she loves it. I was thinking of braiding my own hair, as a wash n go type thing, thanks for the inspiration!

How sweet of you!

I braid my daughters hair like this (except she likes her bun high on top of her head) and she loves it. I was thinking of braiding my own hair, as a wash n go type thing, thanks for the inspiration!

Well you can follow the same concept but just make the "point" of the three way parting to meet higher in the head, hope it helps!

Last edited:
Your hair is so lovely. Can you please PM me with the best youtube tutorial to learn how to cornrow (dutch braid)? I have been struggling for years, trying to learn how to cornrow. Please help me. I have a little girl in my life now (step-daughter) that is counting on me to learn how to at least cornrow her hair. Thank you so much in advance.

Thanks so much ladies, the second video should be up today. Not sure when as youtube takes a while.
Next week I'm ATTEMPTING a fro-hawk wit braids. I'll post pics and see what you ladies think.

So now the part two of the tutorial is not loading properly...:wallbash:
Anyway, I didn't do the fro hawk as intended but will be posting pictures of what was done instead (later this week) if you please!
Thanks for standing by :drunk:

Beautiful style!!!!!!!! Please work on uploading that youtube video! I'd love to see how you manage getting the parts so perfect in the back of your head, that's the part I can't seem to master.

Back