BRAID OUT vs. TWIST OUT?

Meki89

so, i was browsing the other topic and i absolutely LOVED everyone's twist out.

i want to ATTEMPT a twist out but I was wondering does it come out better, on natural hair, than on permed hair because i`m currently transitioning so i have some natural hair & the rest are permed ends that i will cut every month until their all gone.

see my new growth :grin:
2432218394_f20c21325d_m.jpg
2431403595_f041a25359_m.jpg

This was like my last braid out & it was all the way in 2004.. i never did it again because i want it curly & with the braid out it's more like crinkles/waves, than curls; and that`s not what i want. would a twist out give more of a curl?

mickey_1.png

I prefer braidouts. What products are you planning to use for hold? I think products play a big part in how well it comes out.

Hmmm...I prefer braid outs only because but only because I have never done a twist out. Braids take less time and I only have to make a couple of big ones all over my head to get it big an curly.

I think a lot of the braidouts depend on what your natural hair texture is. You may not get what you are looking for until your are completely natural. HTH.

I can't see the pics (I'm at work) but I know for me, when I do a braidout, my results are more crinkly as opposed to when I do a flat twistout and I get more waves as opposed to crinkles.

As OAHQ mentioned, it also depends on the product too and something else I learned........I always get the best results if I sit under the dryer for at least some period of time, just to let the style "set", then I airdry the rest of the way. Also make sure that whatever leave in you use, to use some type of product (I prefer coconut oil, but some people like Elasta QP Mango Butter) to "hold" your style. I didn't like the results when I completely air dried:nono:. Even though it was dry, it still had the "poof" factor going on.

BB

Back