braid maintenance!

robot.

so, i plan on doing a kind of mini-BC this thursday. afterwards, i'm going to try to help my stretching by getting (extensions) braids. i haven't had braids since i was maybe ten or eleven. :blush: so i'm a little rusty on maintenance. but here's my plan so far...

wash/co-wash once a week (or as needed if i'm working out)
apply a light moisterizer to roots daily/as needed

and that's all i've got for right now. do you think it would be wise to keep applying/taking my growth aids while i have braids? should i moisterize the length of my hair just to make sure i get it all? how should i protect my edges? how should i arrange/wrap/whatever my hair when i sleep? just tie a scarf over it? help please, ladies! :grin:

i wonder if i could use the beer in braids too... :drunk: but i don't think my hair would need strengthening during the braids. maybe before and right after? unless someone thinks during is a good idea...

bump!

I micro'd my hair about 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to redo my edges weekly..the area is too fragile for me to let it grow too far out without redoing the braids

I use a surge/mtg concoction every other day.

I moisturize daily with bb hair lotion, surge woojee & 911 leave in condition

I sleep with a jheri curl cap covered by a satin bonnet..in the am my braids are still moist but not soaked

Deep condition once a week..I mixed amla & vatika oil in my deep conditioner

I'm going to keep up the maintenance and redo my entire head in August. I plan to keep my hair braided until the end of December (maybe longer) depending on my progress

i think i'm going to get the micros. what's the price range for those? and which hair would be best?

and thank you so much! :grin: that helps out a lot.

When do braids with extensions (micros are a no no for my hair):

- I cowash (with diluted conditionner) and DC (with diluted Deep conditionner) once a week

- I moisturise and seal all THE LENGHT of the braids because the weakest part of the hair is the tips.

- I moisturise the roots of the braids just once a week generally after the co wash and DC process (like suggest in the Crown and Glory technique: www.growafrohairlong.com) because of the build up!

- I sleep on satin scarves

- I redo my hairline and my nape line every two weeks in order to avoid severe matting (see crown and glory technique)

Last edited:
Back