Braid advice anyone?

babi_71686

i'm getting micros (they help my hair grow), does anyone know how to wash micros? what about any advice on maximum growth potential while i have them in? any help would be greatly appreciated...:)

Hi,

I've never had them so can't give specific advice about them. You're lucky that they grow your hair, I've hear so many horror stories. It's been almost two years, but the next time I get braids (probably January) I plan to follow the shampoo regimen at http://growafrohairlong.com/shampooingnatural.html

Hopefully other members that wear micros will help. In terms of the crown and glory technique at the above site, I think Den1 can give the most advice.

I dont know if the crown and glory method would work for micros...but you could try and see what she says about it...i thought it was mostly used for regular braids...when i usually go and get something to similar to micros i make sure that my micros are not tiny or too small...for the same reason i dont want my hair breaking...but i would be kind of scared of trying to wash my hair with micros because of the human hair slipping and unraveling..

so i would like to know this also if they can be washed....

I currently have human hair micros and I wash them once or twice a week. I braid my micros into 4 plaits and put a stocking cap ( or a pair of cut up pantyhose) on top of my head. I then proceed to pour diluted shampoo on my braids and I massage the shampoo into my scalp. Using a stocking cap and keeping the braids tied down in a scarf until they dry keeps them looking a little fresher. I haven't had any braids to slip off ( yet).

Back