Bootleg, er..cheaper alt for OCT/Megatek

SelfStyled

Does anyone one think aphogee keratin 2 min reconstructor might work? From what I can tell OCT/Mega is a protein condish, w/ or w/o castor oil and saa, depending on what version you use. Well the aphogee has the protein and fruit oils and saa, (it does have mineral oil- 5th ingredient), and you can mix the castor oil in yourself. I'm just saying for $5.29 a bootle you can't go wrong:look:.

BTW here are the OCT/Mega ingredients:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=212983&page=2

Let me know what you ladies think:yep:.

I was thinking this - I actually though it may be similar to Mane N Tail's "Texturiser" However I have just ordered 3 bottles from Eqyss so will try those first:grin:

I'm not sure of all of the ingredients and I have never used this product but since it has keratin and amino acids it may be worth trying. I don't know how strong the protein is compared to OCT/MegaTek

How do you plan on using it, weekly as directed? Maybe you can try it for at least a month on a weekly basis to see if it helps your growth and any hair breakage.

I want to know what others think about this too.

See great minds think a like- I knew I could not be the only one. I am thinking of "greasing" my scalp with it every other day. We'll see - I'll be the guinea pig:lachen:

I use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor weekly. I think that it has made a difference in my growth retention.

I use the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor weekly. I think that it has made a difference in my growth retention.
That is wonderful Karezone. With your weekly use, would you onto scalp and hair or just hair.

On my bottle I notice it says Dry itchy scalp is eliminated- that's a plus:yep:.

I am definitely going to try. It's just the frequency I need to perfect.

Aphogee smells just as good as the Mega-tek:grin: This might work. I was also wondering if Mane n Tail would work also.

hmmm i have aphogee 2min reconstructer.. ur giving me ideas.. i was reading up on the OCT/MegaTek stuff and they just seem so expensive while im trying not to invest into any more new products... im currently transitioning and wana do the least i can do to my hair, including protective styles like getting a sew in or something....

but aphogee weekly? thats not too much reconstructer for the hair? is there such thing as too much?

selfstyled said she was going to grease her scalp with it every night? thats not going to be bad for ur hair? hunny if that works let me know.. cuz i know it smells good and il definitly do it too .... its a good look.. check in with the board...

tia

hmmm i have aphogee 2min reconstructer.. ur giving me ideas.. i was reading up on the OCT/MegaTek stuff and they just seem so expensive while im trying not to invest into any more new products... im currently transitioning and wana do the least i can do to my hair, including protective styles like getting a sew in or something....

but aphogee weekly? thats not too much reconstructer for the hair? is there such thing as too much?

selfstyled said she was going to grease her scalp with it every night? thats not going to be bad for ur hair? hunny if that works let me know.. cuz i know it smells good and il definitly do it too .... its a good look.. check in with the board...

tia

I so hear ya on the trying not to invest in new products:yep:.

Just a few corrections. I will only use every other night and it will be mixed with castor oil to combat potential dryness...... I am already using a BT/MN mix so maybe every other night BT, every other Night Aph might be the right application. I think this will all be trial and error. All I know is that I found the Mane and Tail conditioner ingredients on the web and the Aphogee 2 minute definitely seems closer to the Megatek/OCT ingredients. Trust me if I can increase my slow growth- you all will be the 1st to know.

im interested. i have a bottle im not using. i might use it on my scalp every so often. its just the other ingredients that im not sure are ok to keep on your scalp

Wow!!

I was just checking out the OCT/Megatek information and the prices made me dizzy for a moment! :spinning::lachen:

I'm sure OCT/Megatek are good products and judging from what I've read on here -- they deliver!

BUT.......

The Aphogee 2min Reconstructor? Very, very interesting -- especially mixing it with castor oil -- for me, it'll be JBCO.

Not to mention the price -- I'm trying it!! :yep:

I caved in and ordered the Ovation system- however I still believe there are cheaper alternatives besides OCT and Megatek........ We shall see how it goes.......

Back