Blowdry & Curl ..or.. Press & Curl?

Ms Red

Hi,
I want to use a pass this weekend and get my hair straightened. I have not used heat since 2005 so I am pretty excited.

My question is-- what is the difference between a blow-dry and curl ($35 by the way) and a press and curl ($55 and up)?

I am guessing that the press and curl uses more heat? :confused: I am transitioning so I don't want heat damage, just a one-time thing. I really don't want to flat iron my own hair b/c I have a cheap ceramic iron and don't think I can do a good job.

Thanks.

Good question. I always thought of a blow dry and curl as being for relaxed hair or any hair that will straighten easily with just the blow dryer.

Press and curl usually involves drying the hair is some way (usually with a blow dryer), then pressing straight with a pressing comb or flat iron and then curling with a curling iron.

Hope that makes sense.

Well, I would choose a rollerset & flat iron b/c blowdrying (the way stylists do it) is so stressful on my hair (not everyone's) and pressing (if you're afraid of having permanently straight areas) may not be the best idea either if you're not familiar with how this stylist presses.

Thanks ravenmerlita and DI.

I was thinking that both involved a whole lot of heat! :( I totally forgot about a rollerset. Duh. Thanks ladies. :)

The press is going to be done with a pressing comb and the blow dry is not. I would imagine they'd have to blowdry your hair before pressing though. I'd say stay away from the hotcomb. Will they flat iron your hair after blowdrying?

Back