Best smelling heat protectant/oil/serum/butter

soslychic

This may be a dumb question but I am looking for a non water based product to flat iron my hair with. Several of them that I have used seem to produce the same results to me so I was like what the heck, what smells good :) I like good smelling hair and this is often the last product one uses on their har after shampoo. conditioner, leave in conditioner so give it up ladies. What leaves your hair smelling fresh? :D

Keracare Silken Seal has no smell so it does not mask the smell of your shampoo and conditioner.

Fantascia IC, smells like candy. Biosilk has a soft scent, there is always a liquid heat protectant that you can spray on your hair before driing like Elasta QP Silk.HTH

Aveda Smoothing Fluid or Aveda Brilliant Emoliant Finishing Gloss. Everybody knows nothing smells as good as Aveda products. They incorporate floral and nature scents into their products. Good Stuff!

Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss smells like BERRY-MELON Reading the back label It says use on damp or dry hair or skin !! :grin:

Deep Brilliance Reflect; athough I'm not sure if it's a heat protectant. I put it on my skin too.

I like the way my Beyond the Zone; Turn up the Heat... Flat Iron Protection smells...I got it at Sallys.

I mix both Redken Heat Glide & Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum together. Both are very light and I get excellent protection and sensational smell both at the same time!

I also recommend Asha's Naturals Omega Hair Oil. Leaves great shine, smells great and protects your hair from heat.

Last edited:
Cincysweetie said:
I mix both Redken Heat Glide & Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum together. Both are very light and I get excellent protection and sensational smell both at the same time!

I also recommend Asha's Naturals Omega Hair Oil. Leaves great shine, smells great and protects your hair from heat.

I just odered the Omega Hair Oil :grin: I can't wait to get it!!!

nikki1971 said:
I just odered the Omega Hair Oil :grin: I can't wait to get it!!!

So glad you did. You won't be disappointed!!! Talk about shine and its great for rollersets, especially air dried rollersets!!! I can't wait for your review! :)

Sally's One N' Only Argan Oil smells great. Can't say it's the best heat protectant for fine hair, as too much can easily make hair feel coated.

Oscar Blandi's Jasmine serum smells really great and makes my hair feel really silk. However, I don't know if it is heavy enough for my hair. It smells like black licorice. I want to try the Victoria Secret serum, but I think it has alcohol in it.

Butter: Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine!!!
41AGGAm_uWpmcqJO4CLV2-_OxkU81tzUnXw6G4TBVpUpvgOSPZW9oPHZky1eBC9aqdAHrLGCw-ikK6geNHYBv9xcXnIyPc3byc9hOggIRqfxxBfOCgpJlLKWVxLwD5fxBuhAHQ-6PlkomCTpoVCnLe9H8xouoaycxyBLTN7oP-rd9oxxFbiK

Absolutely recommend it. It's thick with a heavy consistency similar to shea though not as sticky and it smells like heaven. It is a citrusy scent. I bought a jar for $22 bucks but still have a jar full. A little goes a long way. It's multipurpose (like most butters) and can be used to seal or as a leave in. And if you want to get fancy I suppose you could melt a chunk and add it to a DC or even trying steaming with it. But all that still doesn't compare to the way it smells. I've rubbed some on my pressure points and decollete before. I wish they made the scents into a solid perfume. I've also used it as a total body sealer. It smells so good!

Beyond the zone Turn up the heat spray heat protectant. Not the serum. It smells like cotton candy goodness.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Back