BEST DETANGLER ON WET RELAXED HAIR

Nanyanika

Hello Ladies,
Wonder if y'all can help me out.
I just had my touch-up after a 5 month stretch, i experienced a lot of tangling and shedding over this period, and i wish to avoid this problem so i can retain more length, what is the most effective detangler on freshly washed relaxed hair? I noticed that when i apply my products on wet hair then begin combing with k-cutter, my hair gets awfully tangled causing breakage,what am i doing wrong? thanx in advance

Not a detangler, but I have NEVER had any tangles when using Motions Moisture Plus.

ETA: You can see in my ticker how far post I am, and my hair has about a good 1 1/2 inches of NG.

Last edited:
I like to use the pink sunsilk leave-in conditioner to detangle. I smooth it in in downwards motions while just before I get out of the shower and I don't have any tangles.

crlsweetie912 said:
Not a detangler, but I have NEVER had any tangles when using Motions Moisture Plus.

ETA: You can see in my ticker how far post I am, and my hair has about a good 1 1/2 inches of NG.
I've used the Motions moisture plus when natural/texturized, it has a lot of slip however it gave my crunchy feeling hair, must be the silicones.

An ACV Rinse worked great for me! White Rain conditioners, DDTA and Suave Tender Apple were outstanding, also.

gymfreak336 said:
I like to use the pink sunsilk leave-in conditioner to detangle. I smooth it in in downwards motions while just before I get out of the shower and I don't have any tangles.
Do you mind telling me what the ingredients are? and where can it be purchased from? thanks

Mestiza said:
An ACV Rinse worked great for me! White Rain conditioners, DDTA and Suave Tender Apple were outstanding, also.
How do i perform an ACV rinse correctly? I only tried it once when natural and it dried out my hair i must have not diluted it enough. As for the other products you mentioned they're not available in the UK, thanks for your help.

den1 said:
I've used the Motions moisture plus when natural/texturized, it has a lot of slip however it gave my crunchy feeling hair, must be the silicones.

Did you clarify before you used it? I never have that problem. Soft almost cottony hair. Oh well, not everything is for everybody!

crlsweetie912 said:
Did you clarify before you used it? I never have that problem. Soft almost cottony hair. Oh well, not everything is for everybody!
I can't remember whether i had clarified or not but every time i used it my hair would turn out that way.

den1 said:
How do i perform an ACV rinse correctly? I only tried it once when natural and it dried out my hair i must have not diluted it enough. As for the other products you mentioned they're not available in the UK, thanks for your help.

I fill a gallon half way w/ water and add a few ounces of ACV (I don't measure it). You can play w/ it to get the right ratios, but that's what has worked the best for me. Once, I used about 8 oz. of ACV and my hair felt awful! I learned that when it comes to ACV starting out w/ less is best for my hair.

I pour the ACV Rinse over my hair in the shower after washing it.

YW and HTH! ;)

Mestiza said:
I fill a gallon half way w/ water and add a few ounces of ACV (I don't measure it). You can play w/ it to get the right ratios, but that's what has worked the best for me. Once, I used about 8 oz. of ACV and my hair felt awful! I learned that when it comes to ACV starting out w/ less is best for my hair.

I pour the ACV Rinse over my hair in the shower after washing it.

YW and HTH! ;)
Thanks for taking the time to explain the ACV rinse procedure.

Qhemet Olive Cream Detangler, by far the best I've used. Doesn't weigh the hair down, moisturizes and best of all detangles instantly. I follow this w/ jojoba oil. HTH

Hey Den! Long time no see! Good to see your around. I must agree with some of the other posters that Qhemet Detangling creme is really good and it makes your hair so soft too! IDK if they ship to the UK but the ingredients are very natural. I would try the diluted ACV method too, alot of members seem to be getting good results doing this.

I used the Aussie Knot Forgotten and it worked for me. I know MizaniMs or MizaniMami (memory bad today.) is working on tangles now. She might pop in with a solution also.

Roux Porosity Control, is the best IMO, even though it's initial purpose is not to detangle it does like nobodies business. I bought this stuff when my hair was porous and found out about it's detangling properties. It helped me get out of a tangles matted mess a month ago.

msshic said:
Qhemet Olive Cream Detangler, by far the best I've used. Doesn't weigh the hair down, moisturizes and best of all detangles instantly. I follow this w/ jojoba oil. HTH
Thanks for your suggestion! could you name the ingredients in Qhemet detangler. thanks

Alli77 said:
Hey Den! Long time no see! Good to see your around. I must agree with some of the other posters that Qhemet Detangling creme is really good and it makes your hair so soft too! IDK if they ship to the UK but the ingredients are very natural. I would try the diluted ACV method too, alot of members seem to be getting good results doing this.
Thanks for the warm welcome, i'm happy to see you again too. your hair is looking very pretty and healthy in your avatar and i'm happy that you have overcome the hair troubles you were experiencing some time ago. I must give this detangler a try, there is a company in Europe that sells Qhemet, so i'll just check if they have it in stock. Is this product quite pricey though? until i receive it, i#ll try the ACV rinse first since so many members get good results using this method.

Letitia said:
I used the Aussie Knot Forgotten and it worked for me. I know MizaniMs or MizaniMami (memory bad today.) is working on tangles now. She might pop in with a solution also.
Thanks for your help!! i will be looking forward to read a response from the Miziani member.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Roux Porosity Control, is the best IMO, even though it's initial purpose is not to detangle it does like nobodies business. I bought this stuff when my hair was porous and found out about it's detangling properties. It helped me get out of a tangles matted mess a month ago.
I've tried porosity control when conditioning it makes my hair hard and tangly. I'm glad it worked for you though. thanks for your help

If you haven't tried this already, Giovanni Direct detangles well for me. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Water, Extracts of Rosemary oil , Nettle oil, Thyme oil, Birch Leaf
oil, Chamomile oil, Clary, Lavender, Coltsfoot leaf, Yarrow oil, Mallow,
Horsetail oil, Soybean Protein, Cetyl alcohol, Vitamin E, Trace minerals, Citric
Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed. Certified Organic

ubavka123 said:
If you haven't tried this already, Giovanni Direct detangles well for me. Here are the ingredients:

Ingredients: Water, Extracts of Rosemary oil , Nettle oil, Thyme oil, Birch Leaf
oil, Chamomile oil, Clary, Lavender, Coltsfoot leaf, Yarrow oil, Mallow,
Horsetail oil, Soybean Protein, Cetyl alcohol, Vitamin E, Trace minerals, Citric
Acid, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Grapefruit Seed. Certified Organic
I've heard so much good things about this giovanni the problem is finding it here in the UK

den1 said:
Thanks for your suggestion! could you name the ingredients in Qhemet detangler. thanks

Sure, they are:

Distilled Water, Pure Olive Oil (Olea Europa), Virgin Organic Coconut Cream, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, MSM, Vitamin E, (Mixed Tocopherois),Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a mild formaldehyde, isothiazolinone and paraben-free preservative derived from sage oil and glycerin)

All man, sorry it didn't work for ya, hopefully you'll find something soon.
den1 said:
I've tried porosity control when conditioning it makes my hair hard and tangly. I'm glad it worked for you though. thanks for your help

den1 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, i'm happy to see you again too. your hair is looking very pretty and healthy in your avatar and i'm happy that you have overcome the hair troubles you were experiencing some time ago. I must give this detangler a try, there is a company in Europe that sells Qhemet, so i'll just check if they have it in stock. Is this product quite pricey though? until i receive it, i#ll try the ACV rinse first since so many members get good results using this method.

Thanks Den! Yes I finally overcame my problem...by cutting it off! My bad ends were driving me crazy I was trying to hold on to length but it just wasn't worth it in the end. Check out the members albums too, I posted some pics there as well.

Let us know how the ACV rinses work for you. Yes, someone also mentioned the giovanni-this is an excellent product as well. Qhemet is expensive but it lasts and lasts, a little does go a long way, it's very concentrated and moisturizing.

Alli77 said:
Thanks Den! Yes I finally overcame my problem...by cutting it off! My bad ends were driving me crazy I was trying to hold on to length but it just wasn't worth it in the end. Check out the members albums too, I posted some pics there as well.

Let us know how the ACV rinses work for you. Yes, someone also mentioned the giovanni-this is an excellent product as well. Qhemet is expensive but it lasts and lasts, a little does go a long way, it's very concentrated and moisturizing.
Sorry that you had to cut your hair.. but it looks so healthy, you'll get that length back in no time, hang in there. I'm off to check out your other pics.
Thanks for your suggestions at least I have choices between ACV, Qhemet and Giovianni, i'll report back at my next wash day.

msshic said:
Sure, they are:

Distilled Water, Pure Olive Oil (Olea Europa), Virgin Organic Coconut Cream, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Behentrimonium Methylsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, MSM, Vitamin E, (Mixed Tocopherois),Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a mild formaldehyde, isothiazolinone and paraben-free preservative derived from sage oil and glycerin)
Thanks for taking the time to list the ingredients, i really like the sound of them, good stuff, i'm off to find out where to purchase.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
All man, sorry it didn't work for ya, hopefully you'll find something soon.
Thanks!! i hope the other products some ladies have suggested do work....fingers crossed

den1 said:
Thanks for taking the time to list the ingredients, i really like the sound of them, good stuff, i'm off to find out where to purchase.

Oh you're welcome. I've purchased from curlmart.com (naturallycurly) & Qhemet Biologics. QB takes a little longer to ship by a few days & curlmart has been out of quite a few QB products for awhile, check regularly they may have restocked.

Let me know how it works for you, I'm crazy about 3 of their products so far.HTH

Back