Best Conditioner for Breakage and Shedding

JuicesN'Berries

Ok I just took my braids out and I know shedding is normal........but I think its a little excessive. So what should I use to get my hair back in place.
I was thinking something like motions CPR or Pantene Pro-V anti breakage defense.........what has worked for you? Should I do a protein treatment?

I was having significant shedding and breaking. I used Motions CPR as a prepoo (but you can use it as a DC) and using Alter Ego Garlic conditioner as a DC. The breaking basically stopped and the shedding has decreased to a minimum. But the caveat is that my hair seemed dry after so I had to really moisturize.

Try a good protein treatment like apogee or Aveda damage remedy intensive followed by a moisturizing condidtioner. Then the following week or so I would use something like Keracare Humecto to ensure moisture is restored. But I would do the protein treatment first. Also try some good moisturizing shampoos.

JuicesN'Berries said:
Ok I just took my braids out and I know shedding is normal........but I think its a little excessive. So what should I use to get my hair back in place.
I was thinking something like motions CPR or Pantene Pro-V anti breakage defense.........what has worked for you? Should I do a protein treatment?

I used Motions CPR as a prepoo (but you can use it as a DC) and using Alter Ego Garlic conditioner as a DC. The breaking basically stopped and the shedding has decreased to a minimum

Cosigning on this. I used the same regimen and it did the trick.

The CPR will stop the breakage, then from there you can decide if you need a heavy protein treatment (Aphogee that dries hard). If your hair goes right back to breaking 4-5 days later, consider the Aphogee.

When I had my braids in for a while Infusium 23 was a God send...it really helped out the detangling by making it stronger.

I haven't had braids for a while, but I would probably prepoo with a moisturizing conditioner and then use a protein treatment afterwards....and then make sure I moisturize my scalp and take care of my ends.

HTH

Thank You so much ladies for your quick response.......Its crazy because I wasn't able to check the post before I went to the BSS. SO....I just got two ORS replenishing packs. It seems to have done the job but in a way I wish I would have let is shed some more because when I blow dried it.. my hair was still thick as ever. You wouldn't believe it if you seen the globs of hair that were all over my shower and in my brushes......But when it was dry I looked like Chaka or Diana Ross!!!!

Serenity_Peace said:
I've heard great things about this, but how exactly would one use Motions CPR as a pre-poo?

Just slather it on wet or dry hair (I prefer dry hair when I pre-poo with conditioners) and leave it in for like 10-15mins. Rinse, shampoo, and deep condition

Back