beeswax,

domniqqt

I was told to twist my hair with beeswax so it will stay stretched out and have less shrinkage while wet and that I could also condition wash it with it staying in place. Is that correct?

Girl, I hate beeswax altogether. It does nothing for my hair it just leaves it looking dull and clumpy. But hopefully more people will respond, because I know some people that really liketo use it for for twists and things like that, but its just not for me.

Whatever you do, do not use beeswax alone to twist your hair:nono:
When I had dreadlocks that is the one thing that was an absolute no-no because it can build up in your hair really badly. Twists are no exception.
To be honest, when I flat twist my hair or braid my hair in extensions, I use Jamacian Mango and Lime Locking Creme Wax. It has beeswax in it but it also has some other things in it. Not everything in it is good though:ohwell:. For ME, it holds my hair down well when twisted, I can co-wash it with no problems and it doesn't build-up in my hair as beeswax alone would. AND my hair hasn't broken off or been overly dry when I take my hair down.
That's just me though.

I was told to twist my hair with beeswax so it will stay stretched out and have less shrinkage while wet and that I could also condition wash it with it staying in place. Is that correct?

It will make your hair water proof and it will weigh your hair down but don't do it, beeswax is a pain to get out of your hair and it attracts lint and dirt. If you are determined to use it test it on a small section of your hair.

Gilr don't use it. My sister used it for a while and when she went to the hair shop to get her wash and contidion, girl they had to wash her hair a lot and it still didn't come out.

Back