Be honest (Long hair)

angie10

If you grew your hair long, and find out that long hair doesn't look that great on you; would you cut it? I know that not everyone looks their best with long hair *think american next top model*, when Eva cut her hair really short, she looked amazing and stood out. I know I look best with long hair, because I have tried long weaves and braids. For those that never had or tried long hair, do you know if long hair is your best look?

I would have no problem cutting it.

Matter of fact I am planning to shave my head entirely for my 50th birthday no matter how long it is.

I'm just turning 30 in March.

Yes, if I found out I did not look right with long hair, I would cut it in a heartbeat. It would not even be a big deal for me

I am not going to lie.. My hair is a little above my bra strap now.. It's not the longest its ever been.. It was almost waist length until I was 14 then I got it cut in to a bob...

Anyway.. The only reason why I am letting it grow is so I will have long hair when I get married but after that it is gone.. I am not even sure how it will look but I see so many short and medium length hair styles I can't wait to try..

Now all I have to do is find my Husband

RosesBlack said:

Matter of fact I am planning to shave my head entirely for my 50th birthday no matter how long it is.

:lachen: Okay that's in twenty years, is there a reason why you're shaving it all off?

Bouncy do you think long hair is for you or you don't know yet?
andrea go luck with finding a husband, I'm sure you will make a beautiful bride:)

angie10 said:
:lachen: Okay that's in twenty years, is there a reason why you're shaving it all off?

Honestly to celebrate living that long. I'll probably not shave shiny bald but down to fuzz bleach it and dye it purple or bright red or somesuch.

I have always done odd things on what I consider big birthdays. To mark important events in my life. For my 30th I'm going to a huge local art event and probably getting another tattoo and/or piercing.

I'm kind of odd. :eek:

Humm...let me think.:ohwell: I would rock it for a while....just because I put so much effort into it.....take tons of pics....then LET IT GO!

Gots'ta keep it Cute.;)

RosesBlack said:
Honestly to celebrate living that long. I'll probably not shave shiny bald but down to fuzz bleach it and dye it purple or bright red or somesuch.

I have always done odd things on what I consider big birthdays. To mark important events in my life. For my 30th I'm going to a huge local art event and probably getting another tattoo and/or piercing.

I'm kind of odd. :eek:

I just looked at your fotki, you look good with either long or short hair. I can understand what you mean about marking important events in your life, not a bad idea.

I would cut mine in a second...BUT...i would try a short wig first just to make sure i wasnt losing my ever-lovin mind! :lol:

atlien11 said:
I would cut mine in a second...BUT...i would try a short wig first just to make sure i wasnt losing my ever-lovin mind! :lol:

almost me. but i totally agree with the last part.
I would be disappointed, honestly, to realize that I'm putting all this work into growing it only to realize it makes me look worse.

I would cut it because I know how I look with short hair which is absolutely divafied!!- No use in holding on to long hair just to have if I knew I look better with short.

I think the idea with hair is to look our best, long or short. I'm not married to my hair; I like it long because after having worn both long and short styles, the longer hair suits me best. I think those short, curly styles on well-groomed women look fierce and I've always envied women who could rock that with flair--if I had the hair and the face for it, I'd be right there with them.

RosesBlack said:

I said the same thing...I will be one of those fierce old ladies...sassy with attitude and lovin my short hair...lol

I would cut mine, probably to some type of shoulder length/chin length really cute cut!!! I think short cuts are cute anyways!! I've always had one!! AND WHEN i get weaves they are always VERYYYYYYYYYYYYY LONG since I have short hair!! So i get the best of both worlds!!

Wishin4BSL said:
Well I'll be honest. I wouldn't cut it! I would just wear it up in super cute styles!

same here. part of it for me is that I have a harder time styling shorter hair but then it can be too short to wear up. At least when it is longer I can do more updos and buns.

HOLD ON she just said CUT the hair right??? IT does have to be short as in, NOT even past your ears short, as in Fantasia Barrino short?? I wouldn't cut it THAT much, but Above or around my shoulders yes....

I would cut it,
I prefer long hair but I don't plan to grow out my hair to waistlength, midback would be sufficient, but I don't want to cut my hair very short, I would just cut some layers or to shoulder length

I know that I would look better with long hair, but not very very long hair

My plan is to grow my natural hair to armpit length. From there I plan to a.) loc it or b.) cut it to a twa if I don't like it or the maintenance is too much!

After viewing a lot of Fotki's of ladies with twa's I almost took a pair of scissors to my head last month, so honestly, if I didn't like long hair on myself after I grew it out, I'd cut it. My identity is not wrapped up in the length of my hair so I don't think I'd have any qualms about it --- snip and get on with it! ;)

RosesBlack said:
:sekret: Once my hair is all white and I'm retired, I'm going to be one of the lil ole ladies with blue hair. Bright electric blue. Hopefully it will come across as the jazzy, spunky ole lady and not Janice Combsish. Since ole folx can get away with murder and say and do anything I plan to be a total embarrasment to my family :sekret: :lol:

I would cut my hair in a heart beat. I had long hair until I was 16 and then I cut it all off, and I havent let it grow back since, mainly because I think I look so great with my hair short (shaved in back and sides). I recently decided to grow my hair out for my mom because she has been begging me to let it grow out, and also for myself just because of curiosity. But I am definately not one of those sistas that get stuck on hair, I will cut mine at anytime.

angie10 said:
andrea go luck with finding a husband, I'm sure you will make a beautiful bride:)

From your lips to Gods ears.. I think thats the saying..

Thanks.. It is no rush though.. I have to admit.. I am having fun with my hair though.. This place is a god send

andrea said:
I am not going to lie.. My hair is a little above my bra strap now.. It's not the longest its ever been.. It was almost waist length until I was 14 then I got it cut in to a bob...

Anyway.. The only reason why I am letting it grow is so I will have long hair when I get married but after that it is gone.. I am not even sure how it will look but I see so many short and medium length hair styles I can't wait to try..

Now all I have to do is find my Husband

:lol: that's really cute, i like how you're working on faith there, nice! i'm sure he will find you.

i'm pretty sure that i'll look good with long hair, but my only fear is that it will be long but have no volume. if that happens, I certainly will cut it down and keep trimming until it's at a point where it has more volume.

lovelymissyoli said:
My plan is to grow my natural hair to armpit length. From there I plan to a.) loc it or b.) cut it to a twa if I don't like it or the maintenance is too much!

After viewing a lot of Fotki's of ladies with twa's I almost took a pair of scissors to my head last month, so honestly, if I didn't like long hair on myself after I grew it out, I'd cut it. My identity is not wrapped up in the length of my hair so I don't think I'd have any qualms about it --- snip and get on with it! ;)

OT: I love your hair in your siggy lovelymissyoli!!

O.k back on topic, yes I would cut my hair in heartbeat if it got beyond BSL and it didn't look good on me. The thing with hair is- it's always growing! So we can play & experiment with different looks/styles. :)

Blu217 said:
I think the idea with hair is to look our best, long or short. I'm not married to my hair; I like it long because after having worn both long and short styles, the longer hair suits me best. I think those short, curly styles on well-groomed women look fierce and I've always envied women who could rock that with flair--if I had the hair and the face for it, I'd be right there with them.

I was about to type the same thing. :up:

sexyaqr said:
NO. If people don't like it and says I need short hair, I will wear a wig cause I like long hair

I would do the same thing. There is no way I will be cutting my hair after it took me so long to grow it. I would wear a wig or buns all day.

Back