Baggying/greenhouse Effect

Fine natural I believe is fine. Relaxed is a lot more fragile and probably won't sustain the moisture for very long periods of time. I believe every other night for fine relaxed hair may be more sustainable though. That has been my experience anyway. My hair broke off when it was relaxed while doing this from excessive stretchiness. I hope others chime in with their experiences though.

Last edited:
What is baggying exactly? I've put oil on my head and a plastic cap to keep the mess off my pillow and then washed in the morning... is that considered baggying? I thought a lot of people did this for shorter periods of time while deep conditioning but they didn't call it baggying...

What is baggying exactly? I've put oil on my head and a plastic cap to keep the mess off my pillow and then washed in the morning... is that considered baggying? I thought a lot of people did this for shorter periods of time while deep conditioning but they didn't call it baggying...
I believe baggying is done with conditioner & greenhouse effect is just with oil & dry hair even to encourage your natural sebum.

I prefer the greenhouse effect more so tbh to re activate my products already in my hair so as to not overdose on moisture. I baggy my whole head every night ie with a plastic shower cap and then a satin bonnet, my hair is never soggy or wet doing it that way but nice & moist.

Last edited:
Fine natural I believe is fine. Relaxed is a lot more fragile and probably won't sustain the moisture for very long periods of time. I believe every other night for fine relaxed hair may be more sustainable though. That has been my experience anyway. My hair broke off when it was relaxed while doing this from excessive stretchiness. I hope others chime in with their experiences though.
I hope so thanks Aggie

Back