AYURVEDA LADY'S PLS HELP.

Latina17

HI THERE! I HAVE RELAXED HAIR AND I START USING AYURVEDA POWDER OF AMLA AND SHIKAKAI. THE PROBLEM IS I DO COLOUR SHOWER MY HAIR WITH SEBASTIAN CELLOPHANE AND I HAVE NOTICE THIS PASTE TAKE ALL THE COLOUR AWAY AND LET ME WITH LOTS OF PREMATURE GREY HAIR . I LIKE HOW MY HAIR IS GETTING STRONGER AND THICKER WITH THE PASTE AND I DONT WANT TO STOP IT BUT I CANNOT WALK AROUND WITH GREY HAIR:nono:. WHAT CAN I DO? HOW I COVER MY GREY WITHOUT DAMAGE? HENNA IS OUT OF QUESTION COZ I LIKE MORE OF A BROWNY COLOUR THAN BLACK AND IT LEAVE MY HAIR VERY DRY AND BRITTLE. PLS HELP.

HI THERE! I HAVE RELAXED HAIR AND I START USING AYURVEDA POWDER OF AMLA AND SHIKAKAI. THE PROBLEM IS I DO COLOUR SHOWER MY HAIR WITH SEBASTIAN CELLOPHANE AND I HAVE NOTICE THIS PASTE TAKE ALL THE COLOUR AWAY AND LET ME WITH LOTS OF PREMATURE GREY HAIR . I LIKE HOW MY HAIR IS GETTING STRONGER AND THICKER WITH THE PASTE AND I DONT WANT TO STOP IT BUT I CANNOT WALK AROUND WITH GREY HAIR:nono:. WHAT CAN I DO? HOW I COVER MY GREY WITHOUT DAMAGE? HENNA IS OUT OF QUESTION COZ I LIKE MORE OF A BROWNY COLOUR THAN BLACK AND IT LEAVE MY HAIR VERY DRY AND BRITTLE. PLS HELP.

First off you might try add more of the moisturizing powders to your mix instead of just the stripping/drying ones. Try adding a spoon of Bhrami or Bhringraj to half a spoon of Shikakai. A color rinse will wash out during normal shampooing, and Ayurveda is no different. In fact Shikakai is called the dirt buster for your hair. So it's possible that it's stripping your color even faster. As far as coloring your gray you can do a gentle permanent color, or Henna mixed with Indigo. Henna is not black, but actually coppery red, when mixed with Indigo a Brown color will result. Just use a small amount of the Indigo. As far as the dry and brittle part, what did you use to mix it? A good mix is usually, Henna, water, cond. & oil. No acv or lemon juice is needed, as these are usually the culprit in drying out the hair with these mixes. Also did you do a deep moisturizing cond. afterwards.

HTH

How often are you doing the pastes? If you love doing your cellophanes and don't want to give them up, maybe you should try alternating. For instance, if you color every 6 weeks, maybe you should do your ayur pastes a few days to a week before you color. That way, you get the benefits of both. You can also try making a tea w/the powders instead of the paste. Your color will still likely fade, but it may not be as drastic as it is w/the pastes. HTH.

ITA with the other ladies..also: if your colouring and it isn't moisturizing: don't use the shikakai for its more like a protein then moisture. use amla, brahmi, neem, etc (the green powders & oils)

Back