Attn Keracare Users!!!

msjones

My regimen now included Mizani Botanifying Shampoo, Mizani Moisturefuse Con, with Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural recovery mask mixed w/ jojoba and rosemary.

My scalp is still super dry and itchy even after applying jojoba to the scalp and then airdrying.

Will I be able to get benefits from using Keracare's Itchy & Dry Scalp Conditioner without using the corresponding shampoos/styling treatments?

I heard using diff products from different lines decreases the positive effects of the product, but my hair does not seem to like ALL of ONE line.

I use the dry/itchy scalp concurrently with my Joico Moisture Recovery, and I also use styling products from various lines, with no problems. You should be fine.

Last edited:
I use the dry/itchy scalp concurrently with my Joico Moisture Recovery, and I also use styling products from various lines, with no problems. You should be fine.

Ditto. My old stylist recommended to me when I was still using my PM stuff. You should be fine.

I shampoo first w/ Dove Advanced Care than Keracare Dry & Itchy Shampoo then I use Keracare Dry & Itchy Conditioner. Since the real difference I feel is by the conditioner: u should get the benefits of it.

i think i read (probably over at macherie's :) that she let's it sit a few minutes on her scalp like 10-15 minutes before rinsing it out, so it's almost like a deep condition. i'm sure if you do that it won't matter what shampoo or other products you use so much.

I think you'll be fine too. Are you taking any flaxseed oil? It works WONDERS on my dry scalp/skin.
My mom is taking flaxseed oil and recommended it to me, I just haven't had a chance to try it (most of my meals are on the run). She puts it on Oatmeal instead of using butter and/or on salads.:yep:

My mom is taking flaxseed oil and recommended it to me, I just haven't had a chance to try it (most of my meals are on the run). She puts it on Oatmeal instead of using butter and/or on salads.:yep:

I take the softgels--2000mg. I can really tell when I haven't taken them because my scalp/skin gets really, really dry without them. HTH!

I take the softgels--2000mg. I can really tell when I haven't taken them because my scalp/skin gets really, really dry without them. HTH!
I can't b/c I dont use products w/ animal by-products and the soft-gels contain gelatin!! :nono:

I can't b/c I dont use products w/ animal by-products and the soft-gels contain gelatin!! :nono:

Are you a vegan :look:? That's cool if you are, you have more willpower than I. I am a lacto/ovo veggie. I try to stay away from gelatin, but it's in everything I like (ex: candy).

i think i read (probably over at macherie's :) that she let's it sit a few minutes on her scalp like 10-15 minutes before rinsing it out, so it's almost like a deep condition. i'm sure if you do that it won't matter what shampoo or other products you use so much.

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, what do you do to get it so shiny?

Are you a vegan :look:? That's cool if you are, you have more willpower than I. I am a lacto/ovo veggie. I try to stay away from gelatin, but it's in everything I like (ex: candy).

Nah I'm a lacto-vegetarian though. I try to stay away from things like gelatin in vitamins, Jell-O, etc....but sometimes I do slip and have a Starburst or two! :grin:

Back