Attn: All You Rollersetters

Babychoc

Hi everyone
wave.gif
! I just have some quick questions on rollersetting. I have just recently started back rollersetting my hair after a couple of months of just air drying. I don't have a problem rolling my hair and my sets always come out perfect, but I do need to ask something.

O.k, do all of you use the papers on the magnetic roller when you roll, or do you just straight up use the roller w/ no paper on it? Does the paper make it easier to roll?

Next question is, after detangling the hair, do you use a fine tooth comb to comb the hair (new growth) that you are about to roll? Everytime I try to use the fine tooth comb, I pull out too much of my HAIR
shocked.gif
! What am I doing wrong
crazy.gif
? Is there a product or something that I can use to get the new growth easier to comb through? I really love setting my hair with rollers, and I do NOT want to go back to blow drying.
fishslap.gif

O.k, now I'm done, I think. lol. Please ladies, give me some suggestions. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
trampoline.gif

Hi,

I do not use the end papers and my ends are always smooth. When I go to the salon my stylist never uses the end papers either.

When I detangle my hair I use my shower comb. I only use my fine tooth comb from the middle of the section to the ends, not from the roots to the ends before I roll.

A product you could try to help make combing through your new growth easier is to apply John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum on your wet hair from roots to ends all over before you start rolling.

HTH

I don't use end papers when I roller set my hair.

Yes, I do use a fine tooth comb when I roller set. I make sure to detangle my hair with a wide tooth comb. I make sure my hair is soaking/dripping wet. Then after I part each section to roller set, I use a fine tooth comb to smooth my hair out.

[ QUOTE ]
A product you could try to help make combing through your new growth easier is to apply John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum on your wet hair from roots to ends all over before you start rolling.

HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree... this serum gives your hair enough slip so that even a rat tail comb glides right through. I part with the end of the comb and this makes setting even easier.

I actually started using end papers again. My stylists never used them too but one older lady stylist did. I find that they make my sets come out smoother. I oil my ends and when I take my rollers out, my ends are always the most moist and softest so this must be a good thing. They are sort of a pain at first
mad.gif
but just like roller setting, you soon get the hang of it. I call it protective roller setting...

Chichi
bdance.gif

Thanks for replying everyone. I will be making a stop at the BSS tommorrow, and I will be looking for the John Frieda Relax Texture Correcting Serum, along with other hair care goodies! I can NEVER just go in and get one thing. The PJ in me always comes out
angeldevil.gif
when I get there!

Next week when I do another rollerset, I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks again
smile.gif

BabyChoc,

I have never seen the John Frieda Relax Serum at Sally's. I don't know about other BSS' but, I always see it at Target, Walgreens, etc. in my area. Hope you like it!

I have another question on rollersetting (if you don't mind me asking on your thread babychoc
smile.gif

When I take my hair out of braids, it will probably be nape length or 1 or 2 inches past after my cut to even it. For that length of hair, could someone give me the inch of roller I should be using instead of the color because since I don't know what brand you use, the color dosn't always help.

Also, for whatever size you tell me, how many rollers should be going back in the rows (and there should be 3 rows right? another question
smile.gif
I think that I have been making my horizental partings too thin and therefore having too many rollers and therefore having them scooching each other out of the way
laugh.gif
. So pleaes give me tips on these. From all the other roller setting tips I've gotten from this board, I think I can handle the rest with practice. (THINK being the kay word there)
laugh.gif

soslychic,

My best advice would be to go to a salon and have your hair rollerset. See what size rollers are used and observe the stylist as much as you can.
smile.gif

Back