Attention: Sebastian Cellophane users!!!!

Kiadodie

I finally got the cellophane but I have some questions before I use it:

1. How much do you put on your hair?
2. Do you need to sit under the dryer until it's completely dry?
3. Do you shampoo afterwards????
4. Can you use it directly after a perm-color?

Kia,

Put enough to coat the hair as you would with conditioner. Make sure all you strands are coated and try to avoid the scalp. Sit under the dryer (with a cap) for 20-30 minutes. Allow the hair to cool for a few minutes before rinsing. You may shampoo after if you choose to. It's not necessary but you can. I do. You can use it directly after a relaxer. I would wait a day or so after a color - only because I'd want to see what color tyhe premanent color came out before I added anything to it. But it wouldn't be harmful if you didn't wait.

HTH

Thanks, Tracy (and thanks, Kia, for posting the question!!). I just picked up Colorshines in Brilliant Brown, and I'm going to apply it after my touch-up tomorrow. I'll be sure to post my results.

kia said:
I finally got the cellophane but I have some questions before I use it:

1. How much do you put on your hair? Purchase a color bottle from Salley's. You will only need to use 2 oz.
2. Do you need to sit under the dryer until it's completely dry? Sit under the dryer for 25-30 with a plastic cap. This will penetrate the color.
3. Do you shampoo afterwards???? Rinse thoroughly. A light shampoo is sufficient. Cellophane goes on heavy, so I always poo.
4. Can you use it directly after a perm-color?
I've used directly following a relaxer, so it should be okay following a permanent color. Apparantly you have the clear cellophane. I use Coffee Bean and I love it. My stylist always applies it following my relaxer.

I've had Sebastian applied at both the salon and I've done it at home..my stylist suggested it to cover my gray hair.
I think everyone answered the questions for you well. I'd just add that when you have it applied after you relax, the color will last MUCH longer b/c your cuticles are open. It's not damaging, b/c a cellophane only coats the hair.
My stylist always uses one of those little bowls b/c she mixes a few colors together. I tried the same at home to good results, although I don't think I'm able to make the all over color pop quite as well as she does. I noticed after she did her mixing that over the weeks, the colors fade away and reveal themselves. So she mixes a brown based color with a red based color and a gold based color, so at the beginning my hair has a reddish-brown tinge all over, but as that fades, the gray hair will look like red highlights, and finally kind of golden. Everyone always comments on it, and wants to know what it is, so I thought I'd share that trick...I think it only will show up like that if you have some gray hairs sprinkled through your hair.
Oh, I think she has me under the dryer longer than 15 minutes and I did read that more porous hair will need more time, which I think probably describes our hair esp. after relaxing.

Back