Attention All Henna Users!!!

VALLEYGIRL

Hey all you henna users:

Iris, Cici24, Hada, Zanna, Kasey Amethyst and of course Mahalialee

Can you please post some pictures???

I would love to see the wonderful results that all of you have been raving about from using the henna.

TIA
Valleygirl

I second that Valleygirl because I am definately one that wants to use the Henna and see the wonderful results of it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Valleygirl: This is in response to your post on lovelysecrets thread regarding 3b/3c hair...

I had posted a thread regarding which henna I use if you had took the time to read it because all henna apparently is not the same. I can't speak on any other brand but the one I use. I use hennalucent and the package says: Hennalucent is the only professional henna product that penetrates the hairshaft through natural, organic absorption to deliver long-term shine, body and beautiful color highlights. <font color="blue">Only Hennalucent is totally compatible with all chemical services BECAUSE IT DOES NOT COAT THE HAIR THE WAY OTHER HENNA PRODUCTS DO.</font> Hennalucent is a unique formulation of micro-refined henna, hydrolyzed protein, pH neutralizers and rich, organic conditioners that revitalizes all types of hair. It repairs split ends, adds new strength and vitality. Even dry, damaged, chemically treated hair becomes healthier and more vibrant....

I had an adore haircolor and used the hennalucent on top of it with no problem. Nop, no raking and scrapping to get the henna out so the color could look natural here. And as for your comment about just because someone used Henna and grew waistlength hair it may or may not work for everyone. My response is if the girl who grew her hair waistelength had listened to people like you who said just because it did it for one doesn't mean the same will happen to you, where would that girl's hair be today in terms of length? How would she or for that matter any of us know unless we try? I posted a thread regarding henna and remember some time back there was a thread started by Kasey? or CiCi24 regarding henna. Obviously, those of us who use it have done our "research" not only on this forum but on the internet as well. If I can recall correctly I even think there was a debate over whether using the Fantasia cuticle sealing products were any good for a persons hair. In my honest opinion I think if there was a poster child for the effectiveness of it, Tracy would be it (Oh, by the way, in addition to using the henna, I use the Fantasia line as well /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) I believe there was even a thread over whether conditioner washes were any good for a persons hair. IMHO, whatever floats your boat.

Some liked, some didn't like. Life goes on. As for the hennalucent, I do remember some others who have tried the product with no problem. Just because you or anyone else have a problem with it does not mean everyone will. Just like those who have found success with it doesn't necessarily mean everyone will. To each her own. Noone will ever know how effective a product will be unless they try it, because one man's or in this case, woman's trash, may be another woman's treasure /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I almost forgot. As for your request about posting a pic- sorry darling. I will not be posting a pic anytime soon/images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

Iris

Iris you posted this over here too!!! You are too much! Come on now...I am not going to explain this again over here but I will say I am not trying to start any battles...I was just asking a question and stating some info that maybe someone could use.
Valleygirl

Hmmmmm...

Personally for me it didn't go red, as in red head..lol. But the hair remains dark with hi-light. It really just enhances your own hair color for the most part. My natural haircolor is what colorists call mousey brown. That kind of off-black not quiet black hair color. (That is why I colored it black in the past) I am using a red color and all I am getting is a hi-light.

I **may** eventually take some pics. I need a camera. I don't take many pics either, so we'll see.

hada

Iris,

You've already posted this response on another thread. This isn't a battle, it's just a difference of opinion. If you don't want to come off as being combative, and I don't think you do, keep this issue on one thread only.

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Valleygirl

You can look in my album...but

1. I have only done it once (and one time a year ago). I really think you have to do it more to 'relax' it. I only did it for color.

2. It is pictures of very poor quality (cheap cam). The 'before' pictures are 1,5 year old and my hair is longer now; any difference percieved can be because of length.

3. I dont see any difference in curl-pattern, softness etc. Both times I have used henna (the first time I used neutral) my hair have been more dry and harder to comb. It gives loads of shine though and works kind of like a protein treatment.

-Katrine

Wow Katrine! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Your hair is abosultely BEAUTIFUL and if those are just a year and a half old, I can only imagine how long and pretty it is now...STUNNING! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Noone will ever know how effective a product will be unless they try it, because one man's or in this case, woman's trash, may be another woman's treasure

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that statement 100% Iris /images/graemlins/smile.gif You have to try in order to find out if the product will be effective or not. Wow! you've said a mouthful. I believe you have covered every facet there is in determining whether to give a product a try or not. Again, as you've said to paraphrase, 'some will like, and some won't like'.

I know from my experience hennalucent is one of the best there is because unlike other henna's, this one does not containMetallic dyes. And as you've reprinted from the pamphlet it can be used on All Chemical Services due to the fact that it does not contain any metallic dyes /images/graemlins/smile.gif I know in my quest to retain all the length I've gained, I turned to henna and particularly the hennalucent after it was recommended to me by a Clairol representative for the facts that you've mentioned above. I have definately stopped using permanent dye because I find the rinses which can be converted into semi-permanent consistency with heat, to be just as effective as the permanent, minus the damaging effects of ammonia and peroxide /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I also had several people say to me that the henna would damage my hair,etc. etc. etc. I believe their frame of reference was the henna's that contain those metallic dyes. But after my research( internet, Clairol phone calls, acquaintences,articles, etc.) I chose that hennalucent brand and haven't been looking back since /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue"> All henna products always as with any chemical service(relaxers, dyes, etc.) are very careful to say to do a patch test first to see if everything will turn out allright. I can guarantee you these companies want no part of any law-suit and this is why they put it in.</font> So it would behoove anyone who wants to use any product to do those patch tests first! BTW, I won't be posting any pics anytime soon either.

hth,
Amethyst

Thanks to you all...You are very sweet. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But the pics in the grey skirt (without henna) is 1,5 years old. The one taken with the very bad cam. is new (with henna). I wish they were 1,5 year old though because then I would have reached my goal now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Katrine

Oops, my mistake. I can be blind as a bat sometimes, even with my glasses on. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Girl, although you haven't reached your goal yet, you still have a lovely head of thick hair even at shorter lenth. I just love the fact that your hair is so thick and your curls are so pretty. D

Amethyst where can you get Hennalucent? And what type of moisturizers do you use to combat the dryness which some have reported to experience?

Thanks so much for sharing..Katrine...your hair is beautiful!

I love your curls! They are too cute!

Also thank you for sharing your Henna experiences as well.

Valleygirl

Hi CynamonKis/images/graemlins/wave.gif

I'm not Amethyst but you can get hennalucent at almost any beauty supply store. I live in NYC and a pack costs $2.99 here. I use essential oils(olive oil and castor oil), Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner and their Rosemary Rinse as additions to my mix. Works like a charm /images/graemlins/grin.gif The color I am using is Gleaming Ebony. It's a very nice shade /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, Katrine you have very lovely hair. I have found to combat the dryness of henna, the addition of essential/carrier oils, and a moisturizing conditioner as other henna users can attest to is very important.

Iris

I have used, and still use Hennalucent. I have never used plain henna. I love it because it makes my hair strong and feel soft. Londongirl3, At first I used the hennalucent "bark brown" which turned my hair very dark, close to black. Usually, my hair is brown so I changed the following time and used "sunsetglow" and it was exactly my natural hair color. No red tones.

Just as Iris has said, you can get hennalucent in basically any beauty supply store. If you have relaxed and/or color treated hair, there's no need to worry. Hennalucent has no metallic salts so it will be perfectly compatible with any chemical service. I also add essential/carrier oils to my batch. I love the jojoba, vitamin e and castor/evoo mix. I even believe their was a thread with a link about all the wonderful benefits of castor oil. I also use a cholesterol conditioner. As you can imagine this is quite a moisturizing treatment /images/graemlins/grin.gif But it has helped me to retain everything I have gained. I use heat weekly, and this mix has acted as a conditioning barrier to my hair. I love hennalucent and think it is the best thing since sliced bread /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw, Katrine I initially didn't know to look for your pics in your bio. You have very lovely hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep up the great work.

Amethyst

Thank you Iris and Amethyst for the advice! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
It sure seems that you and others have been able to make henna work well for yourselves by moisturizing properly.

If I tried this I would HAVE to use Hennalucent because I have color treated my hair in the past. For this reason I would not want to try the Herbal Tame (also, it looks very pricey....)

Thank you, again, to all of you! I am amazed at the wealth of information that the Ladies on these boards posess--I have learned so much...... /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Hi everyone/images/graemlins/wave.gif

There were several of you who wanted to see a pic of someone using henna. Caramela was nice enoough to send me her flexirods pic that she uploaded on the old forum. To me she makes such a beautiful example of what henna can do for the hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I didn't feel comfortable uploading her photo anywhere, including this forum. I'm very sensitive to things of this nature. However, If anyone is still interested in seeing her hennalucent photo, maybe you can PM her and ask her to upload it here. She's not as chicken about posting pics over the internet as I am /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, and as I remember her pics were really an inspiration /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Allandra just informed me that Caramela's hennalucent pic is in the "Feature of the Month Archive-August"

hth,
Amethyst

OH Yeah that's right. I remember when she posted it last year on the old board. It was very pretty. Thank you for reminding me.
Valleygirl

Hi Isis,

Where do you buy the hennalucent in NYC?

Thanks,
mzjones

iris said:

I'm not Amethyst but you can get hennalucent at almost any beauty supply store. I live in NYC and a pack costs $2.99 here. I use essential oils(olive oil and castor oil), Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner and their Rosemary Rinse as additions to my mix. Works like a charm /images/graemlins/grin.gif The color I am using is Gleaming Ebony. It's a very nice shade /images/graemlins/smile.gif Also, Katrine you have very lovely hair. I have found to combat the dryness of henna, the addition of essential/carrier oils, and a moisturizing conditioner as other henna users can attest to is very important.

Iris

Back