At LONG last, got my re-touch done!

And I'll never go to Joseph's or another salon again. And if I even attempt to can somebody please stop me?

The last relaxer re-touch I had was with Joseph's and the relaxer didn't take so I reverted to re-growth state and I got burnt in two spots with hair stuck to my scalp /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Went to see Marcia my hairdresser friend this evening and got what we're all supposed to in the first place: a re-touch without leaving me doing this /images/graemlins/shocked.gif in the mirror.

Tracy was with me and got to see Marcia at work, asking her loads of questions and watching every step. Your a great interviewer girl! /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just updated my album with the touch up tonight. I had a trim of approx 1/2 inch last month so I don't see a major growth change plus it slows down during winter (except maybe the layers growing out more). The ends were curled a bit with curling irons.

That was really great of Tracy to go with you. I'm glad to see that you had a big smiley icon on your post!!!!

Did Marcia mind Tracey interviewing her?

I'm happy for you ma! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yay Brownrelaxedhair!!! /images/graemlins/party2.gif /images/graemlins/band2.gif /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

I'm so happy it went so well! Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! That was so nice of Tracy to go with you! Glad you found someone who could do the job!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

Thanks girls for the compliments!

Daviine,

Yes it was very nice of Tracy. Marcia was cool with the questions. It was more like having a girly chat. Tracy woman, correct me if I'm wrong /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those layers have definitely grown out some more. The ends look a lot fuller than the nov picture. Congrats girl, your hair loos lovely.

Hi Sweetcocoa,

I had a trim around 1/2 inch last month and have been taking B5 for the past 2 months (on and off though). I wonder if its starting to work already? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Your hair definitely looks absolutely gorgeous. I hope you don't mind if I say your hair looks better than when Joseph's did it and how much did they charge? Anyway, your hair has grown a great deal since August and it looks very full and thick. From the looks of your picture you'll be at brastrap length by your next touch up. If you don't know by now I must let you know you are my hair idol. Is this the longest your hair has ever been?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
your hair looks better than when Marvin did it

[/ QUOTE ]

BRH never went to Marvin. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Your hair is beautiful as always. It's also thicker. Did you do anything different to get the thickness?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it does look thicker. Very pretty Brownrelaxed.

Congrats YOUR hair is GORGEOUS (as usual) !! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif
Who trims your hair and sets your hair??? Could you let me know the price of a trim and doobie too! THANKS!!!!

Go Brown, it's ur birthday. Forget brastrap, at the rate your hair is growing, it'll be waist length by summer /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Congrats, and your hair looks beautiful. I'll be sure to remind you anytime you even ATTEMPT to consider going to another stylist for a touch-up to STICK WITH YOUR GIRL!

Congrats on a happy relaxer experience!! I want to see the pics, but don't know how! Can anyone post a link for me? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gurl, I noticed the added thickness too. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Keep doin' whatcha doin' /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

<font color="blue">Hi BRH! Your hair looks amazin!! Thanks for posting your new pics. It really inspires me. </font> /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

Brownrelaxedhair!

Girl...your hair has really grown compared to the first pictures you posted! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I am also amazed that the longer it gets, it doesn't seem to thin out like some peoples' hair do. It's staying thick and looking healthy. You are doing such a wonderful job with your hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did go with BRH and I must say - I had given up on AA salons completely for a long while and Marcea renewed my faith.

I didn't see her do the actually relaxer application but she was rinsing BRH when I arrived. According to BRH she only smoothes a little with the back of the comb. No teeth -and she bases (bless the heavens) well as I understand it. I could see that BRH's hair was straight but not straightened to within an inch of it's life. Once the hair was done noone would know there was a little curl left in the hair - which is important - because I, like BRH, like to wear my hair curly sometimes and when iot's straightened properly you can do this with no trouble.

The salon was very quiet and cozy and the atmosphere was very familial. The receptionist was a SCREAM. Funny funny woman. Very nice and friendly. Marcea too, was sweet as pie. She answered all of my questions with a smile, and I was very impressed with how well she knew BRH's preferences regarding her hair, and how readily and happily she honored them. Her goal is clearly to keep her clients happy. She does celebrity clients as well and you couldn't tell AT ALL. She was so unaffected - she put on no airs in any way which I have experienced with some celebrity stylists. In fact - but for the girl talk I would have probably never even known that she did celebs. She wasn't a name dropper at all.

She blew BRH's hair dry and curled it with marcel irons (the kind that go in an oven) - but in the MOST gentle way I have ever seen. No pulling - and the dryer was on medium - tops. No smoke, no sizzling - none of the horrors that I've experienced with AA stylists or stylists in general. Her hair came out shiny, bouncy and looking very very healthy (as you can see...BRH you got some gorgeous hair girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) and she was done - start to finish - in about 2 hours. I don't know if I'd use the blowdry and curl techinique weekly but certainly every two to three months for a touch up Marcea's technique - especially because she's SO CAREFUL - would be fine by me. And I'm as anal as BRH about my hair /images/graemlins/wink.gif so that's saying a lot.

I was SOOO impressed by how good natured she was about specific peeves and preferences. She simply honors them and moves on. No teeth sucking, no snide comments, no wrestling for control over the process. She seems to really WANT to give you what YOU want to the best of her ability - and I like that. And I told her I'd probably just come for touch ups and do wash and sets at mis dominicanas and she was fine with that. NICE NICE woman. I liked her.
I will be going to Marcea for my touhc ups from here on out and told her so and she welcomed me with open arms.

Girl, you are kidding yourself! I see a remarkable difference from your last touch-up! LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

karonica said:
Girl, you are kidding yourself! I see a remarkable difference from your last touch-up! LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way BRH I can see a major difference in your length and the thickness in your hair. Girl you have some nice hair!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I think you need to be feature of the month for Feb. you have my first vote /images/graemlins/clap.gif. Congrats on all of your hard work it has paid off for sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back