Ashy, dry, inverted afro mullet

Napp

Ms. Nobody
:pullhair:I dont know why but everything seem to stop working on my hair and no my hair had taken on this ashy, dry, inverted afro mullet look. none of my moisturizers ,cream or lotions and potions can keep this thing moist! And if you seem my PJ collection thats saying alot! I thought it might have been buildup so i clarified to no avail. I thought coconut lime would work. nothing, yogurt nothing. My hair is even feeling dry in the shower:nono: Should i just cut it off? My hair felt soft and nice when i first BCed and only texturized twice before, but im really starting to think i might have scab hair or something. I dont want to go to school but i have to since i missed a day this week already for this same reason. i cant even style it today because it is so hard.I wish i could just wear a headwrap to school:wallbash:

:pullhair:I dont know why but everything seem to stop working on my hair and no my hair had taken on this ashy, dry, inverted afro mullet look. none of my moisturizers ,cream or lotions and potions can keep this thing moist! And if you seem my PJ collection thats saying alot! I thought it might have been buildup so i clarified to no avail. I thought coconut lime would work. nothing, yogurt nothing. My hair is even feeling dry in the shower:nono: Should i just cut it off? My hair felt soft and nice when i first BCed and only texturized twice before, but im really starting to think i might have scab hair or something. I dont want to go to school but i have to since i missed a day this week already for this same reason. i cant even style it today because it is so hard.I wish i could just wear a headwrap to school:wallbash:

You texturized before your BC, or after?

I'd be looking at your ingredients - there is something in your products that your hair doesn't agree with.
Do you baggy? Whens the last time you had a DC? Do your leave-ins have non-water soluable cones?
Coconut/lime and yogurt can both be a little drying, esp. if you hair doesn't have a good moisture balance already, and they can give you protien overload, esp. if your hair is already dry.
Have you checked your porousity? Tried an ACV rinse?
What are you clarifying with?

I would DC, clarify, DC, clarify, DC.

You texturized before your BC, or after?

I'd be looking at your ingredients - there is something in your products that your hair doesn't agree with.
Do you baggy? Whens the last time you had a DC? Do your leave-ins have non-water soluable cones?
Coconut/lime and yogurt can both be a little drying, esp. if you hair doesn't have a good moisture balance already, and they can give you protien overload, esp. if your hair is already dry.
Have you checked your porousity? Tried an ACV rinse?
What are you clarifying with?

I would DC, clarify, DC, clarify, DC.

I texturized twice before transitioning. i stopped baggying because i was getting head colds. I havent had a dC in a while. since iwas co washing so much i didnt think i needed it. yes my leave in has water soluble cones. they all have PEG in the front. i bought acv so i may try it. i ve been using suave daily clarifying to clarify

i ve been using suave daily clarifying to clarify

how often do you use this to clarify? if this is the only thing you use to clarify and you don't DC afterwards, it could be why your hair is acting up. especially if your cones are water-soluble and you're not using any other products that require an SLS-shampoo to remove. i'd give the ACV rinse a try instead. does your hair like oil? maybe do an oil wash/rinse/prepoo/whatever works best for you in the oil department.

i hope you find the answer!

I texturized twice before transitioning. i stopped baggying because i was getting head colds. I havent had a dC in a while. since iwas co washing so much i didnt think i needed it. yes my leave in has water soluble cones. they all have PEG in the front. i bought acv so i may try it. i ve been using suave daily clarifying to clarify

Cowashing is good, but it's no substitute for regular DC's....I'd do a couple of DC's, and see how your hair reacts.

Girl, you besta not be missing any more school on account of your hair :whip:! Can you wear hats or pretty scarfs? I hope you find a solution, I've been there before. Give it time to remedy before you cut it all off. Why don't you pull it into a poof to counteract the "mullet".

Cowashing is good, but it's no substitute for regular DC's....I'd do a couple of DC's, and see how your hair reacts.

Yep, I agree. I thought my hair had a porosity problem because it just wouldn't hold onto any moisture. When the real problem was that I wasn't DC'ing. Try to do it at least twice a week, it should help.

Girl, you besta not be missing any more school on account of your hair :whip:! Can you wear hats or pretty scarfs? I hope you find a solution, I've been there before. Give it time to remedy before you cut it all off. Why don't you pull it into a poof to counteract the "mullet".

Im still in HS where these is a dress code so no scarfs or hats for me. i went to school anyway. late.

made a puff with a scarf though but it still look like a mullet and i tried packing that thing as hard as i could. Im going to go to the bss today and get a few things that might help. pluss i think i need to cut the top a bit too.

Back