As I Am Naturally Coconut CoWash

Ogoma

For those that use the ASIAN Coconut CoWash: how good is it in removing buildup from using butter. I have started sealing with butter and it doesn't rinse clean with water. I am a little concerned the coconut cowash will not do a good job getting my hair clean.

I will really like to know people's experience with it. Do you use butter or oil to seal? how many times a week do you cowash with it? do you use it as your main cleansing agent or do you use shampoo regularly as well?

For those that use the ASIAN Coconut CoWash: how good is it in removing buildup from using butter. I have started sealing with butter and it doesn't rinse clean with water. I am a little concerned the coconut cowash will not do a good job getting my hair clean.

I will really like to know people's experience with it. Do you use butter or oil to seal? how many times a week do you cowash with it? do you use it as your main cleansing agent or do you use shampoo regularly as well?

I am still trying to figure out if this product works for me. The first time I used it my hair was dry, tangled, and eventually became brittle. I recently gave it another chance and it now sort of agrees with my hair. But I can honestly say that this does not really clean my hair & scalp. I scratch my scalp and still see build up and my hair doesn't feel clean.

I mainly use butters and grease to seal. On occasions I will use castor oil. I cowash with it twice a week because I am trying to use the product up. I HAVE to use shampoo.

I am still trying to figure out if this product works for me. The first time I used it my hair was dry, tangled, and eventually became brittle. I recently gave it another chance and it now sort of agrees with my hair. But I can honestly say that this does not really clean my hair & scalp. I scratch my scalp and still see build up and my hair doesn't feel clean.

I mainly use butters and grease to seal. On occasions I will use castor oil. I cowash with it twice a week because I am trying to use the product up. I HAVE to use shampoo.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

These are my thoughts as well.

Ogoma, Why are you creating trouble right before I go try this product :perplexed:

:lol::lol:

I have not really used butters to seal, but I started recently and my hair loves it. I guess the reason it works is causing some problems in the cleansing department. It doesn't rinse clean with water so I am going to have to go back to the drawing board with regard to winter cleansing.

I'm starting to get curious about this product too :look: But if it doesn't remove build-up, I won't bother with it. I can't seem to cowash without build-up, some people can do it, but my scalp doesn't.

I'm starting to get curious about this product too :look: But if it doesn't remove build-up, I won't bother with it. I can't seem to cowash without build-up, some people can do it, but my scalp doesn't.

I bought a couple of jars based on reviews, but I think I am going to return them.

I will probably try it anyway to see how it goes. Not much builds up on my hair so maybe it will work. Not sure if my hair likes coconut oil but I will see soon enough.

if you're used to cowashing, it's an okay 1. I don't use shampoo, I use this once to twice a week, I still use Wen or 613. I don't use heavy oils or butters. I do use Argan oil, buriti oil and leave ins. AsIAm gets a 3.75 out of 5 stars.

I also will be picking up one dozen for the holidays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

I use butters and oils almost every day and it works perfectly for me.

Ive been 100% poo free for almost a year now

I have used it a few times and it's an okay product that smells nice. In my experience it does remove build up, but I don't like how it dries my hair out so I don't use this often. You can do only one wash with it, but if you feel you have not removed all the build up from your hair you can do two- my hair is squeaky clean with two. Below is the link to MUA and seven reviews.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=149513/As-I-Am--Coconut-CoWash-Cleansing-Conditioner/Unlisted-Brand/Conditioner

I use that and the other one, I just use it two times like I would with shampoo and it works fine at removing butters and gels for me.

Ogoma

I would like to suggest to you: Exchange 1 of the Cowashes for the Cleansing Pudding.

The Cleansing Pudding will remove the build up.

if you're used to cowashing, it's an okay 1. I don't use shampoo, I use this once to twice a week, I still use Wen or 613. I don't use heavy oils or butters. I do use Argan oil, buriti oil and leave ins. AsIAm gets a 3.75 out of 5 stars.

I also will be picking up one dozen for the holidays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

I use butters and oils almost every day and it works perfectly for me.

Ive been 100% poo free for almost a year now

I have used it a few times and it's an okay product that smells nice. In my experience it does remove build up, but I don't like how it dries my hair out so I don't use this often. You can do only one wash with it, but if you feel you have not removed all the build up from your hair you can do two- my hair is squeaky clean with two. Below is the link to MUA and seven reviews.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/...ansing-Conditioner/Unlisted-Brand/Conditioner

I use that and the other one, I just use it two times like I would with shampoo and it works fine at removing butters and gels for me.

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I will keep one and exchange the other for the cleansing pudding and go from there. I am scared to open it and not like it.

Does anyone know what the cleansing agent is in it? I have read the ingredients and nothing is standing out to me.

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];16975923]@Ogoma

I would like to suggest to you: Exchange 1 of the Cowashes for the Cleansing Pudding.

The Cleansing Pudding will remove the build up.

What's the difference between the cleanser and the pudding?

@faithVA

The Cowash Conditioner is just that "A Conditioner"

The Cleansing Pudding lightly lathers and it cleanses (deeply) IMO.

It's very slippy and it will definitely remove build-up.

I guess it is their version of a "Shampoo".

I've purchased the Cleansing Pudding more than once. And it will be a repurchase.

I only use it though when I need a deep cleanse.

@faithVA

The Cowash Conditioner is just that "A Conditioner"

The Cleansing Pudding lightly lathers and it cleanses (deeply) IMO.

It's very slippy and it will definitely remove build-up.

I guess it is their version of a "Shampoo".

I've purchased the Cleansing Pudding more than once. And it will be a repurchase.

I only use it though when I need a deep cleanse.

hmm, now I don't know which to buy :lol: Maybe I will stick with the cleanser and just use my mudwash for deep cleansing :perplexed:

This is all way too complicated. :lol:

Ogoma

I think You'll be very pleased with 1 of each.:grin:

I have the Elation Hydration or Hydration Elation or whatever the DC'er is called, but haven't tried it yet.:ohwell:

Anyone using the double butter? I had it in my hand at sally's today but put it back. It's regularly $27.99 but with all my coupons b discounts it would've been $20

Back