Votes: 89 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
I love having my hair Texlaxed.
I really feel like I get the best
of both worlds (relaxed and natural).

But now I am contemplating taking
my standard 8 week Texlax one step further.
I am thinking about stretching to 10 weeks...

I would like to know if my fellow Texlaxer's stretch? And if so, how many weeks?

I definently stretch! In fact I think its easier because the natural hair blends in better with the texlax hair. I stretch on average betweeen 12-16 weeks. Try it I think you may like! Towards the end I just do a lot more braidouts and buns.

My first texlax was 12/30/07 and I plan to stretch. I will be 8 weeks post tomorrow and intend to go 12-16 weeks. My last relaxer stretch was a little over 18 weeks. At the end I did braidouts.

I stretch for 12 weeks and that is about as far as ican go LOL!!!! I too Love Texlaxed hair, I love my hair all curly & wavy:grin: I wore straight hair for 20 years it was time for a change LOL!!!!

I'm texlaxed and usually relax every 8 weeks. My next touch is due in one week; however, I too am thinking about going a few weeks longer, til Good Friday (3/21), which will be 11 weeks. My hair is quite manageable at this point, and the scarf method is keeping my edges in check. I've been doing a lot of twistouts, which is good because I actually prefer "textured" styles more than straight. I've have stretched for as long as 14 weeks, but I know that's too long for me.

If you decide to stretch, I wish you success!

I have been texlaxing for almost year as of March 2008 and stretch each "texlaxing session" every 12 weeks.

I texlaxed my natural hair in July. Haven't put anymore chems in since then. My goal is one year. I like my hair bushy-as if I'm still a natural with a little more stretch to my puff.

Since I started texlaxing I've been stretching my relaxers and my hair has been much healthier for it. I have several different textures so I can find a happy medium. I don't over straighten the more fragile areas, and get the kinkier areas a little straighter and it seems to be working pretty well.

Absolutely! I stretch all of the time, since I first learned about it here. I started with 13 weeks. My latest stretch is over 21 weeks. :yep:

I am definatlely going to start with 10 weeks.

The reason why I even thought about stretching is because my hair seems a little weak. So I was trying to think of ways to make it stronger.

I really think stretching will help.

Oh yes! I always stretch, normally I'll stretch for maybe 3 months or so, but currently I've been stretching for over 7 months, lol. I'm so ready for a retouch.

This will be my first stretch since texlaxing my hair. I'm 7 weeks post right now, and I plan on going until I'm at least 16 weeks post, however, I stated in my album that I think I can make it until June (that's 24 weeks post). We'll see...so far I don't have any complaints.

If I don't make it until June, touching up every 3-4 months is fine with me.

cosign. :yep:

i plan to stretch for 6 months, but that's only b/c i am also going for more of that afro feel.

Metoo. I wore my hair curly w/very little product the other day and it was HUGE, my sis called me Gene Wilder and my mom called me Chaka Khan :lachen:. I love big hair and can't wait for it to get Gi-normous! My dad and his sis's afro back in the day is my inspiration, they both had big and LONG fros. I need to post pics...

Yes, i do stretch as a Texlaxer. I stretch for at least 16 weeks or longer. I am trying to telaxe at least 3 times a year.

If I have been good with the BT -I go for 10 weeks, if not it is 12-16 weeks where possible.

I prefer to have a good amount of hair to texlax to minimise overlapping. Mixing my relaxer (silk elements) with powdered SAA, has was my best relaxer experience. My hair is so soft.

I haven't yet, but I eventually would like to stretch for 12 weeks/4 times a year. If I'm really good I might even get to 16 weeks. Right now I'm working on 10 though.

I stretched on my first touch up to 11 weeks. Though I plan to do 8 weeks this time and gradually work my way up to 12 weeks. Would you ladies say that it is easier to do a stretch on longer hair?

When fully relaxed, I'd retouch around 5-6 weeks, usually at week 6 due to the extreme differences in the two hair textures at the demarcation line.

Being texturized/texlaxed (less than 50% relaxed) it's anywhere from 12-15 weeks.

My hair type is 4a/b.

VWV

Last edited:
Back